“Staying in Manchester - Check out the Mecure rooms as soon as you arrive”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #64 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Staying in Manchester - Check out the Mecure rooms as soon as you arrive”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ok Hotel well placed in Piccadilly- My Wifes birthday treat, friendly reception took a while after being stuck in traffic. Paid additional for a few perks, got a free drinks voucher after explaining it was a birthday celebration. Went to the room, initial impressions very small but somewhere to sleep. Cleaniness that's where this Mercure Fails - Looked like the room had just been vacated, Dirty Toilet Bowl, a half drunk Glass of Water on the table, with an empty packet of nurofen on the floor - looks like the cleaner made a sharp exit after a dose on the bed. Compensation was sorted free Parking for the 1 night stay. Filled in an online Customer Survey explaining my further displeasure - In return, was a sorry but we hope you come again.... Not in the near, mid or distant future ! No recovery service for my dissatisfaction.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon W
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us to celebrate your wife's birthday.

I was extremely sorry to hear of the issues you experienced with regard to cleanliness and I know, when I share your feedback with my Head Housekeeper, she will be equally as disappointed as I was to receive such feedback. This is certainly not the usual high standard we pride ourselves on and this is reflected on our cleanliness rating on Tripadvisor, where we score highly at 4.5 out of 5, which we are very proud of. I am only too sorry on this occasion our high cleanliness standards did not shine through and you came across the issues that you did. I am unsure if you brought the issues you encountered to our attention at the time, as I would expect, if this was the case, for the team to immediately react and act upon such shortcomings.

I am sorry that as a result of your experience on this occasion you would not consider visiting us again, which is indeed a shame. I do hope sometime in the future you may have a change of heart and that we will be able to welcome you back for an overall positive experience.

David Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed overnight just for dot to dot festival and will stay again next year when the festival is on again! The nicest and most friendly staff. Check in was quick and informative, nothing was too much trouble. Went down later to reception after check in to double check my room was double occupancy as the 2 nd person hadnt finished work when i checked in by myself earlier and just double checked that he was still allowed to stay and all was fine. Man dealing with me didnt look at me like i was stupid either for asking such a (what i thought was) stupid question lol. Staff are so nice.

I booked a privalge room or somethign like that, only downside was that i didnt have enough time to watch the movies that were included (lego movie, anchorman 2, frozen)! Didnt really need to go out cuz all i needed was in the room. coffee machine, tea, coffee, robes, slippers, movies, everything. So worth paying a little extra for more space and a few nice little freebies.

Not that hard to get to from anywhere i needed to be at. Only a 2 min walk from piccadily train station and about a 10 min walk from ox road.

Rooms were spotless and so big! The toiletries were nice and a generous size, even got body lotion and a vanity kit. (not just the usual everywhere else seems to give shampoo, body wash and a showercap). I came in late and the guy on the desk monitors who comes in and out late at night (i think) so its pretty safe. You can get to any floor though without a card key, so maybe that could be changed?

Even though its in the city centre, its so quiet so got a good nights sleep.
Overall such a nice stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had a great overnight stay with us and I thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers. Your feedback will be shared with the whole team, who I know will be equally as delighted as I was to receive it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year when the Dot to Dot Festival is on, if not before.

hertfordshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

great place to stay in Manchester, hotel was clean and functional, friendly staff.plenty of bars , restaurants in local area ,. Bar called waves over the road does all drinks for £2 a piece, 10 min walk to the printworks, again good choice here for food and drink. The football museum in the town centre is worth a a visit as is salford quays which has a shopping centre ,war museum and plenty of eateries.Manchester centre is very dirty , plenty of rubbish can be seen at all times of the day. Queries over using the trams and buses were dealt with in a friendly and helpful manner by staff on duty. all in all a good weekend which was chosen because of the train deal with virgin, milton keynes - manchester £16 each for a return- bargain!

Room Tip: 10th floor has great views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. Indeed our central location is extremely popular with our guests for getting out and about to explore all that Manchester has to offer. I was pleased to hear that the team were on hand to explain the tram and bus services and all in all you had a great weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is right in the middle of the CC so it is very convenient to go anywhere. The bus station is less than 3 min walk away. The tourist information centre is just next to the hotel. There are food places everywhere. The hotel breakfast was fantastic and the service was warm & efficient. The room we had was quite big as it was a family room. My daughter had a sofa to sleep on so we didn't spend the money to ask the hotel staff to open it up. Overall experience was great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Guest feedback is extremely important to us as a team and I therefore thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience of our hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay and hope as and when your travels may bring you back to Manchester, we may have the pleasure of looking after you and your family once again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my 3 friends in March 2014, and it was fantastic. The rooms were spotless, the beds extremely comfortable and even though we checked in very late, we received a warm welcome and excellent service. The breakfast was perfect, with a huge variety of foods to choose from and a wonderful view to enjoy it from. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review following your stay with friends back in March; it is appreciated that you have taken the time to share your experience of our Hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers.

I was delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us and I thank you for your recommendation too. We look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again very soon.