“Very enjoyable stay”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #74 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here in May this year , found the staff very helpful and friendly, rooms very clean, just 5 minutes from Piccadilly train station, as you leave the station walk along a little bridge to the next street, you will see above the building up in front of you, which we found out is the thistle hotel, the top of a big wheel walk towards that and you come across the hotel mercure, looks nothing on the outside, you go into a long corridor and up towards the lifts , which take you upstairs to reception , which is most unusual but different, on arrival , we though early we're shown our room, , which was cosy for me and my husband , we were lucky could see the wheel from our room and all around, shops are to the left of the hotel, I'm sure there's many more, but we were only in Manchester for a short time, to meet up with family, to the right of the hotel is china town, where we ate, very nice, .. Breakfast at the hotel was lovely , we will definaitly return , many thanks to the staff for a lovely break

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review following your stay with us. I was pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and do hope that it won’t be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,122)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Excellent location in the heart of the city just a couple of minutes walk from the railway station. The whole place was impressive from the entrance halls to the bar and restaurant.

I had a room about 10 floors up, overlooking Piccadilly Gardens and the wheel of Manchester. My room was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable.

Everything about this hotel oozed class and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor overlooking Piccadilly Gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for your glowing review. It is appreciated that you have taken the time to share your experience of our hotel with your fellow Tripadvisor viewers and we thank you too for your high recommendation.

I do hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I went to the One Direction concert at the Etihad stadium and I was really impressed. Firstly having never been to the stadium before, the detailed travel information in the reception was very helpful.

The twin room we stayed in was very comfortable and being on the tenth floor, we had a great view of the city. The lifts were a bit of a pain but with fourteen floors, this can't really be helped.

We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the food and drinks were lovely and the staff were very attentive. The breakfast was delicious and my only issue was that the croissants were not replaced when they had all gone (minor issue but it would have been nice to be able to have one with my coffee).

Would definitely stay here again as it is in a great location and only a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly station.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and I thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience. I do hope that it won’t be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Reception was on the 2nd floor. My room was tiny. I did get a newspaper from Ireland (my home country) on arrival, but I think my employer overspent on this hotel. The location is excellent but you would actually get a warmer service from the Premier Inn. Save your pounds and get better rooms by looking elsewhere, but the location is quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. Our prime city centre location is indeed very popular with our guests. As with all hotel groups, rates strategies are put in place based on supply and demand and as such bedroom rates will change on a day to day basis to reflect the demand in line with business in the hotel, or indeed the City. We appreciate that guests will always shop around to ge the best deal and hope that sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

arrived at hotel to be greeted by a very unpleasant member of male staff P*** who managed to insult us straight away and was most unhelpful for a 4 star hotel, arrived at room to find the room very small, windows very old and in need of replacement wanted to relax for a while with the tv on this did not work at all took maint few hours to fix even then was not quite right picture was terrible, bath room good size with bath but shower head did not move enough too low, However later that evening wanted some more coffee and stuff and was greeted at reception by a very nice member of staff who dealt with the problem straight away, breakfast was excellent so were all the breakfast staff, all in all not a bad stay but needs improvement

Room Tip: rooms over looking Piccadilly have the best view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest

I was sorry to hear that your arrival at the hotel was not the best. If you are referring to the team member that I believe you may be referring too, I am indeed extremely surprised to read your feedback. The individual concerned has been a long standing member of the front of house team and we normally receive nothing but praise on his helpful and friendly nature. I am only too sorry that this did not appear to shine through on this occasion and you have my assurance that your feedback will be addressed accordingly. I know when this happens, the individual concerned will be extremely upset to hear that you believed he came across in such a manner. I was pleased to hear however that we appeared to have redeemed ourselves for the remainder of your stay.

Many thanks for your review and I do hope sometime in the future we may have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an overall positive experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband&I stayed here for a short visit for our first year anniversary.We were upgraded at reception by the lovely receptionist.Room was nice and clean.
We were told we would recieve free movies as our upgrade but this didn't work,but it wasn't a problem.
Location was great as trams&buses were around the corner.
Breakfast was nice with the selection and staff were helpful&polite.
In general we had a lovely stay&would recommend to anyone who wants to stay within the city centre.
Thank you to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks indeed for posting your review following your stay with us. We were delighted to be able to play a part in your anniversary celebration and I thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience. I'm pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay.

Thank you too for your recommendation and look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

On arrival met with smiles and a swift friendly check in. Room was large,spotlessly clean. Breakfast was brilliant with very friendly attentive staff.
This is my 2nd visit in 8 weeks and I would definitely recommend this hotel the beds are comfortable the room temperature is lovely and the air con actually works well.
Great for couples and families with a fabulous location.

Would I recommend this hotel? YES without hesitation!

Room Tip: I had a privilege twin room on the 5th floor side facing towards the main road. No noise problems at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I was delighted to hear that you had an excellent return visit and I thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your experience on this occasion. Many thanks too for your high recommendation and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.