“Excellent Facilities, Staff and Atmosphere!”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #70 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel for a 2 night break and found everything about the experience to be fantastic. From the moment you check in to the moment you reluctantly admit the weekend is over and have to check out, the staff were nothing short of phenomenal and the hotel itself was excellent. The double room we had was nice, clean and comfortable and had all the facilities you'd expect (iron/board, tea facilities/coffee machine, hair dryer etc). The breakfast, and choice thereof, was amazing considering it was included with the room price and the evening meal we had from the menu far exceeded my expectations, I have since been advised the chef has a good reputation throughout Manchester. The atmosphere in the bar was nice and the prices were average for the location. As for the location, the centrality of the hotel is second to none for shopping, nightlife, venues and transport links. I would recommend this hotel to anyone regardless of the reasons for visiting Manchester and will definitely be staying here again personally. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Chris F

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of our Hotel following your two night stay with us.

I am extremely proud of the team at the Hotel and to read your feedback that 'the staff were nothing short of phenomenal' was without doubt a delight to read. Your kind feedback will be shared with the whole team.

Many thanks too for your high recommendation and I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this hotel as a weekend away for my husband. I booked through hotels.com. The night before we were due to go I had a email with a special offer to upgrade our room, I did this and had a email confirming this.
We had a warm welcome from Karl who is amazing, we went to our room to find it as a standard double no upgrade, after a lot of talking Karl sorted this out for us and we were upgraded to a suit the next night. Karl was amazing and could not do enough to help sort out our problems.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, we were over looking the square and even with the windows closed it was very noisy especially 6.30 am Monday morning. The breakfast was not very warm and the chef very rude to other staff members. The evening meal was excellent.
We will stay again but I will book direct with the hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Angie D

Thank you for your review following your weekend break with your husband.

I believe my Customer Services Manager has already been in contact with you extending our apologies that we were unable to accommodate your first night upgrade. I echo Jane's apology that your arrival did not get off to the best of starts. On a positive note, however, I was pleased to hear that Karl was amazing and did all he could to address the issue at the time.

Your feedback regarding your breakfast experience has been shared with our Head Chef who will address your comments accordingly. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, when I'm sure you will enjoy an overall positive experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner and i booked this hotel yesterday morning and stayed last night. We booked this hotel partly becuase there was parking on site and also the cost included breakfast, however this rate was a special offer on Booking.com and was not available on the hotels own site.The only rooms left were twins as all of the doubles were booked, I did request a double if one became available and this was picked up on when we checked in by Lukas, he was very polite and professional and kindly checked if there was a double (which there was and he moved us).
The room was nice and more than adequate for the night. We had a drink in the bar which was average cost compared to the pubs around the area. It was in a fantastic location, there was lots of pubs around and it is right next to China Town.
Breakfast was nice but not very hot, the staff in the restaurant were all VERY busy when we went down at 10am but were all very friendly and accomodating.
Check out was an excellent experience, we did mention that there had been a leak from the aircon unit which Claire apologised for and offered us complimentary parking which was greatly appreaciated, she also was very professional and friendly. I would definitly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Claire from Stoke

Guest feedback is extremely important to us and I therefore thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

Our prime city central location, together with the benefit of having our own onsite car park, is indeed extremely popular with our guests.

I was pleased to hear that you found both Lukas and Claire professional and friendly and it will please me greatly to share your feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked last minute for a short stay, we wanted a central hotel in Manchester at a reasonable price. We found this hotel which is perfectly positioned, couldn't be more central for Manchester's attractions than this, the rooms are furnished nicely albeit slightly small, beds comfortable, bathrooms clean and fresh. There was a good choice at breakfast and the service was great. We arrived by train into Piccadilly Station just a short stroll to the hotel, if you wish to use the car park there was a charge of £15 per night which seems a tad excessive but is still cheaper than parking elsewhere in central Manchester. We managed to get this at a great price although I know prices can vary depending on when you book, so luck or good timing is required.

Room Tip: Noise during the day from the Piccadilly Square side from music and demonstartions,, but this stops...

Dear Mike247

Thank you for your review. I was pleased hear that you enjoyed your short break with us and that the Hotel formed a convenient base for you to explore Manchester. On a future visit to the City, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great service & very accomodating check in staff particularly Alan.

Very quiet rooms, clean & comfortable.

Hotel could probably do with a more welcoming exterior - makes hotel look old fashioned & unloved from outside.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Neil F

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I shall certainly pass on your kind feedback regarding Alan.

On a future visit to the City, I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

There wasn't a better hotel to choose from for the location. It was a 5 minute walk to the office I was going to. What did let it down was that it could be a long wait for a lift from the restaurant up to the room, and then down to the ground. There are 3 lifts and often they were full and I had to wait for the next one. If I had been on a lower floor I would have walked down, but I was on one of the top floors. I believe the hotel was full and I managed to get one of the last rooms despite booking a couple of weeks in advance.
I have previously stayed in the Swansea Mercure, and the menu was the same so no surprises. Their burgers are quite special, and the breakfast is excellent.
No complanits about the cleanliness of the room & bathroom.
The hotel is also conveniently located for restaurants and Manchester Picadilly station as well as metro links.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear tardis9259

Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to hear that we formed a convenient base for your visit to Manchester. On a future visit to the City, I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Managed to book this hotel for a decent rate via a Lastminute.com and booked it knowing its location and proximity to Manchester Piccadilly train station and the tram stop outside. We didn't have any problems at all with noise coming from outside, just a few drunken revellers returning in the early hours of Saturday morning.

My niggles are similar to a review further down - no plug sockets near the bed and the fixed shower head meant that I didn't really fit under it, at 5'10" I'm hardly a giant. We also had problems with the TV in our room, the sound worked but there was no picture. We had to change rooms after asking for the TV fixed. We also found that our key cards stopped working, despite following advice to keep them away from credit cards and mobile phones.

The room is on the small side, if we'd both had suitcases I think we would definitely have struggled with space.

But it was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

We were also unfortunate enough to be caught up in an evacuation due to someone starting a couple of fires in the building. Staff dealt with all of this calmly and professionally and we received a letter letting us know what had happened which was actually quite reassuring.

If you're looking for something close to the city centre you couldn't get more central and booking it through Lastminute.com the rates were cheaper than Travelodge/Premier Inn/Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Rebecca Shipley

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. Indeed our prime city centre location is extremely popular with our guests, as you can get out and about so easily to explore all that Manchester has to offer.

I very much hope that you may consider visiting us again sometime in the future.

David Daly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
ABode Manchester
ABode Manchester
#22 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!