“A good value alternative to the big chains”

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel
Ranked #74 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Good value, centrally placed, clean room and decent breakfast. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was small but comfortable. For the money I'm not sure you could beat it in Manchester City Centre

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Derm 90

Thank you for your review. Indeed our central location is extremely popular with our guests. We do have varying rooms types at the hotel and for those guests who may wish for a more spacious feel, then an upgrade to one of privilege or superior rooms, would be ideal.

On a future visit to the City, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

David Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,131)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This city centre hotel has had a massive refurbishment programme since being taken over by the Mercure Group. The quality of accommodation is first class, and the breakfast extremely good. The staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The outside look of this building is not to be believed, step inside and it really is splendid. Having its own private car parking is also a wonderful bonus, for a hotel right in the city centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear JulieInTouch

Many thanks for such a glowing review following your time with us. It is really appreciated that you have taken the time to share your experience of your stay and do hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great location for bus and train (Piccadilly Station) in the city centre. Large, tired building, with mostly unmotivated staff. I'm a Platinum member and was told I should have an upgrade but the clerk "didn't have the authority" when I asked who did, I was told the duty manager but he wasn't available. Room was squisky but clean. Bar was uninspiring. Plenty of local restaurants and pubs within a few minutes' walk. Ok for a night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
David D, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear SDM12

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that we did not wow you on this occasion. In particular, it disappointed me greatly to hear that you felt we had an unmotivated team. We normally receive positive feedback regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of the team, which can be seen from rewiews posted previously. I am only too sorry that this did not appear to shine through to you on this occasion. Your feedback has been shared with the reception team.

I do hope sometime in the future you may consider visiting us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Mercure Piccadilly Manchester is perfect for any sort of break, Business Break or Leisure.
The Staff were incredible, genuinely interested in you and Rooms and hotel food was perfect!
We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night and had entertainment at the hotel on the Friday Evening.
We were lucky enough to try a platter of different foods served at the hotel, all were absolutely excellent (I had heard great things about the Head Chef) ....He and his team delivered with class.
The Room was very spacious, even for the 2 of us with our entire luggage....and the other half’s make up!!!
We had a nespresso machine and plenty of TV channels that all worked!
The bathroom was really clean and the towels were changed twice during our stay.

Finally a mention to the staff....they were all brilliant, I must have spoken to 15 - 20 members of the Mercure Piccadilly team and all of them had a genuine interest in you, something that lacks in a lot of other big branded hotels!!!
If you haven’t stayed here, give it a shot, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: I recommend a room facing Piccadilly Gardens, and if you are luck enough to have a Privledge room, y...

Dear Traveller_Expert_09

Many thanks indeed for such a glowing review. I was delighted to hear that you had such a super time with us and it will certainly give me great pleasure to share your feedback with the team, who I know will be equally as delighted as I was to receive it.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel for a 2 night break and found everything about the experience to be fantastic. From the moment you check in to the moment you reluctantly admit the weekend is over and have to check out, the staff were nothing short of phenomenal and the hotel itself was excellent. The double room we had was nice, clean and comfortable and had all the facilities you'd expect (iron/board, tea facilities/coffee machine, hair dryer etc). The breakfast, and choice thereof, was amazing considering it was included with the room price and the evening meal we had from the menu far exceeded my expectations, I have since been advised the chef has a good reputation throughout Manchester. The atmosphere in the bar was nice and the prices were average for the location. As for the location, the centrality of the hotel is second to none for shopping, nightlife, venues and transport links. I would recommend this hotel to anyone regardless of the reasons for visiting Manchester and will definitely be staying here again personally. All in all a very good experience.

Dear Chris F

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of our Hotel following your two night stay with us.

I am extremely proud of the team at the Hotel and to read your feedback that 'the staff were nothing short of phenomenal' was without doubt a delight to read. Your kind feedback will be shared with the whole team.

Many thanks too for your high recommendation and I hope that it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of looking after you once again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this hotel as a weekend away for my husband. I booked through hotels.com. The night before we were due to go I had a email with a special offer to upgrade our room, I did this and had a email confirming this.
We had a warm welcome from Karl who is amazing, we went to our room to find it as a standard double no upgrade, after a lot of talking Karl sorted this out for us and we were upgraded to a suit the next night. Karl was amazing and could not do enough to help sort out our problems.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, we were over looking the square and even with the windows closed it was very noisy especially 6.30 am Monday morning. The breakfast was not very warm and the chef very rude to other staff members. The evening meal was excellent.
We will stay again but I will book direct with the hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Angie D

Thank you for your review following your weekend break with your husband.

I believe my Customer Services Manager has already been in contact with you extending our apologies that we were unable to accommodate your first night upgrade. I echo Jane's apology that your arrival did not get off to the best of starts. On a positive note, however, I was pleased to hear that Karl was amazing and did all he could to address the issue at the time.

Your feedback regarding your breakfast experience has been shared with our Head Chef who will address your comments accordingly. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening meal.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, when I'm sure you will enjoy an overall positive experience.