“A great weekend had by all !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #21 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Derbyshire
“A great weekend had by all !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I recently visited Manchester with six friends and booked through last minute dot com the Mint hotel at £100 pounds per room I was expecting for that price a reasonable room and facilities .
To my pleasant surprise both the room and the hotel were excellent in both the room and facilities the room was so clean I walked into the shower door as it was spotless, each room has an Apple Mac which helps you surf local things to do and even book restaurants and shows.
The team at the Hotel were great and after dropping off the girls in the rain the duty Manager made the effort to come and tell me he had just got a parking slot free and would I like it? he then walked around the building to let me in what a great guy thank you!.
As you would expect drinks are a little expensive but the surroundings are good,the rooms are great and breakfast was better.
In all a fantastic weekend made better by the team at the Mint well done and I will be back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great so dont worry
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for sharing such a great review with Tripadvisor.com.

It is a genuine pleasure to read and share with the team that you had such an enjoyable stay (with what sounds like typical weather for the area!)

I will pass on your comments to the Duty Manager concerned - this is the type of service we aspire to offer everyday, for every guest. It is great to learn first hand when we have succeeded.

I invite you to contact me personally, I would be delighted to assist with any future travel arrangements you may have.

Best wishes,

Jack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

My husband and I needed a good location for the MEN Arena. The hotel was great for that and for a quick Christmas shop beforehand. Room facilities great although for a 4 star hotel I do not like synthetic pillows and duvets so not a great nights sleep, give me soft feather and down any time. The receptionist was efficient but a really welcoming smile would have helped. It is nearly Christmas.! There are lots of hotels in town so competition fierce but overall would certainly recommend it I am just fussy.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making Mint Hotel Manchester your first choice destination. It is great to read your positive comments in relation to your recent visit.

Your thoughts regarding check in have been noted and passed on to our Front Office Manager.

We have a very unique 'pillow and bedding menu' which should have been offered to you during your stay. I am sincerely sorry you felt uncomfortable.

I invite you to contact me personally if you would like to discuss your feedback further, Jack.Appleton@minthotel.com. I would be genuinely delighted to hear from you.

Best wishes,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

This hotel was part of a package with British Airways so I am not sure of the exact room rate but at around 100 per night is an average I have seen on line. This hotel is modern, clean the rooms are a good side and very comfortable, bathroom functional and modern, free wireless and even an iMac in the room. I stayed on a busy Friday night before Christmas but still managed to get a good nights sleep.
Every member of staff I came into contact with was courteous and professional.

I had a late supper 1am with family in the bar and surprisingly the food was very good. I just executed at such a late hour that it be thrown together. This was not the case.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors to Manchester.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lift so there is less traffic outside the room !!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

It is great to learn that your visit was so enjoyable.

It has to be said, our iMac Entertainment Systems which feature in every Guest Room offer a rich variety of digital entertainment - fantastic to read you enjoyed using it!

Lancashire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

My wife and three friends stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night. We found it well located for Piccadilly Railway Station - just five minutes walking away. It was centrally located for hopping, theatres and restaraunts.

The hotel was clean and about a 4 star standard. We have had bigger rooms in other major cities and we therefore thought it a little over priced.. We had a meal in the hotel bar area and it was good and comfortable

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to aviod any noise, but it was not a problem
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with Tripadvisor.

It is great to read and share with the team that you enjoyed exploring Manchester from what is such a great, central location!

Please accept my apologies that the rooms were not as large as you would have liked, I invite you to contact me personally next time you plan to stay in Manchester as it would be my genuine pleasure to assist with any accomodation arrangements.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mint Hotel Manchester.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed for a week on business very clean and modern hotel

Must single out the restaurant staff who could not do enough for you. They even got me something that wasn't on that days menu.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a great review and media.

I will pass on your comments to our dedicated Food & Beverage Operations Manager, I know he will be as pleased as I am to read such great service was offered during your stay.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

the hotel i located approx 200m from piccadilly train station. the walk from the hotel to arndale shopping centre is a mere 5 mins with chinatown less than that. the hotel itself is great. the rooms are a good size, very clean and kept in good condition. It has a well equipped gym on the first floor. the lounge bar serves a good range of food at a reasonable price. for a great dining experience try the SMOAK restaurant just across from the mint. this has been my second time at the mint in the last year and i will go back again soon! well wort you money. well done everyone at the MINT hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing such a great review with the Tripadvisor community.

It is great to read your enjoyed exploring Manchester, and indeed the hotels facilities and service offered during your visit.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch directly if I can offer any further assistance. Jack.Appleton@minthotel.com.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

It's been about a year since I was last at The Mint and it is as sharp and well cared for as before (bathroom seemed like brand new !) It's not the cheapest by any means but that has the advantage of keeping hen parties at bay and the generally resultant chaos that can cause.

It's so well located - a bridge or easy road crossing from Piccadilly rail/tram station and a hundred yards or so from the heart of Manchester

Staff charming,smiley and friendly and room fine and on an upper floor as requested. It has an opening window-rare in a modern hotel

I met friends in the bar for more than an hour and service fine on a busy evening with a very nice ambiance

I give great stock to a hotel manager who reads trip adviser and note there is frequent response on here-in my book a very good sign-and reflects on what is a very good modern city centre hotel - try it !!

Room Tip: my own taste-but prefer upper rooms....this is a city centre hotel (well insulated tho!) and I reall...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a glowing review!

Some fantastic points, well summarised in a review with is a genuine pleasure to share with the team. We genuinely take the service we offer to our Guests extremely seriously. It is our number one priority, I am extremely proud to read that you experience this each time you visit.

I would be delighted to assist with your travel arrangements when you next plan to stay with us in Manchester - Jack.Appleton@minthotel.com.

And please accept my apologies for the delay in the response to some of the more recent reviews.

Best wishes for 2012.