“Wedding of our dreams at the Mint Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #18 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester
“Wedding of our dreams at the Mint Hotel”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We held our wedding at the Mint Hotel Manchester on the 28th December 2011 and we couldn't have had a better experience. During the run up to the event we had numerous meetings with Stewart, Tony, Laura, and Mark as well as the fantastic chef and restaurant manager to ensure everything would be as we envisaged for our special day. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt in safe hands.

On the day itself everything was perfect, feedback from wedding guests was fabulous and the evening reception buffet was commented on by all guests as the best they had ever had! Special thanks to Mark on the day for making sure everything ran like clockwork and to Curtis for the day before for getting everything set up. All the staff at the hotel were polite, courteous and happy to do anything to help which made a big difference to a very nervous bride and groom!

The Mint is a fantastic choice for a wedding, we held our ceremony in the stunning SkyLounge with panoramic views of Manchester (has to be seen to be believed), our breakfast in the beautiful restaurant and our evening reception in the fabulous function rooms.

The bedrooms were stunning (we stayed in the Auburn Suite which was everything you could want for your wedding night), with guests commenting on how impressed they were with the high standard of rooms and that they would definitely stay again.

Everything we dreamt our wedding would be was fulfilled by the hotel and it's staff. We're already planning our anniversary stay in the Auburn Suite!

If you're looking for a contemporary, flexible and stylish wedding venue in Manchester at a great price, we would definitely recommend visiting the Mint and speaking to Tony, without whom the day would not have been as successful as it was.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah D
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for sharing such an inspiring and positive review! It is fantastic to read and share with the team.

Congratulations once again - I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both back again, in the very near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything you need.

Best wishes,

Manchester Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We had the rate of 50 pounds (room only) for our one night stay, with that price we didnt expect to enter a hotel with a modern grand lobby, equipped with mac desktop in every check in counter, clean well-furnished bedroom with (again) high tech mac tv. Bed was ok, bathroom was clean with the moderate room size. Cannot find any toothbrush on the free amenities or slippers. hand soap and body soap are in the dispenser instead of small bottles, no complementary bottle water given but they provide the boiling water kettle, room heater was not working properly even when we ask the guidance from room service, still it feels cold.
Location is excellent, just right across the Manchester picadilly station. definitely will stay here again for a quick visit to Manchester.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with Tripadvisor.

We are on hand 24/7 to respond and react from the feedback from our Guests. It is a genuine pleasure to hear about your stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the very near future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Lovely clean new Hotel located in an ideal location. Check in was a little tedious though. I had booked a two night break but initially the receptionist stated one night, I said two, she then gave me my postcode which was incorrect. Further tapping on computer. Asked if we had the confirmation e-mail which I produced. Further tapping on computer and consultation with another member of staff. Then told that we had to pay for the second night. I explained that full payment should have been taken at time of booking. Advised that this wasn't the case and a print out was presented showing this. Eventually got our key card and went to our room which was clean, spacious and modern, I-Mac was very good. The following day tried to get back into the room and the key card did not work. Another trip to reception to rectify this. I may be wrong but I don't think our booking was on the computer system and luckily they had a room to spare for us? Our room overlooked a derelict building. No noise heard from surrounding streets.Yes, I would use the Hotel again despite the booking-in glitch

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Qormi, null, Malta
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Hi There First Of All The Best To All Of You :) Me And My Whole Family Would Like To Thank You All For Your Great Service That You Gave Us. Definatly That Next Time That We're Back In Manchester Or In Others City We Will Choose To Stay In Your Hotels.Great Service ......And Really Really Clean Hotel And Especially Great Staff Also. 100% Recommended From Me To All Of You Out There You Want Regret It Believe Me. Love From Ansiella Fenech ( Malta )

Room Tip: We Were Staying In The 6 Floor ...... I Cant Complain Nothing Cause I Was In The Right Place :)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Such a fantastic review is inspiring to read.

Thank you for sharing this with Tripadvisor, and indeed our other social media channels.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mint Hotel Manchester very soon.

Warm regards,

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Lovely, new clean and welcoming. Ideally situated opposite Picadilly station. Only complaint was that the bar prices were very very expensive!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing such a great review.

Your comments have been passed on to our dedicated Food & Beverage Manager regarding Piccadilly Lounge.

Next time you plan to stay in Manchester it would be a genuine pleasure to assist with any travel arrangements. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel, Jack.Appleton@minthotel.com.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I booked a room at the hotel for 18th november 2011, the booking made on the website was brilliant confirmation came by email no problem. On arrival at the hotel it looked fantastic very big and luxury. The check in service was quick and also very welcoming. When I arrived to my room everything looked fine (in the dark as it was 22:20) when looking around the room which I paid more then 100 pound for I didn't think it was clean, there was a empty water bottle under bed which shows the room had not been cleaned and also the chair has stains on. I made my way to reception to make a complaint and was told to give them my room number go back to my room and they would contact me... 3 hours late ( after midnight) still nothing for the member of staff I spoke to. So I cleared the empty water bottle and also cleaned the shower ( I should not of had to do this). The following morning I checked out the room early and as waiting in reception. Members of staff at the reception were acting totally unprofessional, laughing , hiding there faces with paper etc . This totally knocked my confidence as to this day I still believe the they were talking about me so I moved to the other side of the reception area. I then when for breakfast which was ok but I don't think was to much to be happy about. Overall the hotel its self looked great however my maim concern is the staff issues. On my return I made a complaint to the guest manager, who has been fantastic in dealing with the problem and understanding. I was offered a voucher or refund for the money I paid. - however I have been told I may not receive the until 3 weeks??? Overall I believe I should be entitled to more then this with the troubles I have had that time wasted emailing. As this could of been resolved in house if the member of staff done there job,I will update on what response I get regarding compensation. I believe the hotel is fine just major staff problems!

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank kieran199
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Excellent hotel in great location, just across the road from Picadilly Station and within walking distance of tram station and city centre. Rooms are well equipped and the apple mac is an added bonus. Booked well in advance we got a great deal. Staff were friendly and hel;pful at all times.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JT2118
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with Tripadvisor.

It is inspiring to read that you enjoyed your visit, and that the team were on hand to assist you throughout your entire stay.

We all genuinely look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me when you are making plans to do so - Jack.Appleton@minthotel.com.