DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Monroes Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
4,369 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I recently stayed for one night in a deluxe double room with my partner. The location is great and within easy walking distance of the Arndale Centre and local shops. The room we were allocated was on the 8th floor with great views, the only negative was the noise from the traffic below, we were unable to sleep with the window open. The room was very hot and the air conditioning was not up to much. My only real gripe was being woken by Housekeeping staff at 8.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning to be asked what time we were leaving so that they could service our room. As checkout was 12 noon I was really annoyed at being disturbed, there was no need for this intrusion, the reception staff could of asked us this question when we booked in. The breakfast was good with the staff going out of thier way to assist, the toaster was burning the bread and the waitress was more than happy to bring toast in from the kitchen. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the less noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I've stayed here a few times for Man Utd games and it's in an ideal location 2mins away from the train station and 5 mins from the tram service out to old Tafford. Gorgeous hotel, good food and attentitive staff. Very handy to leave our bags in the luggage room while at the match also!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We chose to stay here as we were travelling in to Piccadilly Station and were going onto the Etihad stadium to see a concert, so the location was perfect, just across the road from the station and down the road from the concert venue.
On arrival just before 2pm, we checked straight into our room (and was given a very nice, warm cookie as a welcome gift - fab with a cup of tea after our journey). Our room was on the third floor. with a corner window and a view over to Canal Street, although it was a little too near the tram tracks so best to keep the window shut due to the amount of 'tooting' that they do.
We ate in the restaurant as they had a deal comprising of 2 courses and a glass of wine for £14.50. The food was excellent, although the service was a little on the slow side, but it was a very nice environment to sit in.
We caught a taxi outside the hotel to the Etihad (which cost about £5) and then walked it back, it's about 1.5 miles away so didn't take too long. We went straight to bed when we got back, and though the beds were very comfortable, the air con was a little noisy and the curtain didn't close quite properly so the light coming in the next morning disturbed my sleep.
Breakfast was in the same restaurant as dinner the previous evening and there was a very good selection of continental and cooked items. The only downside was that our server didn't offer us any choice of eggs other than the scrambled ones that were in the hot counter, whereas other patrons were given a choice. The staff were all very friendly and polite.
We hadn't incurred any extra charges so were quick to check out, I did mention the curtain and received an apology, but unfortunately, not a free night as recompense, which would have been nice as we would definitely stay there again in the future :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We got a good rate through Expedia & booked a double room for 1 night so we could stay over after concert at etihad stadium. The staff were friendly & check in was quick & the complimentary cookie was a nice touch. Hotel is right across the road from Piccadilly station and only 5 min walk to city centre.
The rooms are clean, average size & have everything you need for a short stay. The bed was comfy although the air conditioning was quite noisy when on cool which made sleeping a little difficult also we could hear noise from the corridors & traffic we stayed on 4th floor.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed overnight here while traveling on business. The location is great if you're traveling by train - just across the road from the station but far enough away to not hear the trains.

The staff were very welcoming (as always in Hiltons, I find) and my room was spacious and clean with complimentary water.

My only real bugbear was the temperature. The room was really hot and it was too noisy to sleep with the window open (it wasn't massively noisy but I'm used to it being very quiet at home). I put the air con on the fastest speed and lowest temperature but it made no difference whatsoever. Its not a big thing but prevented a good nights sleep for me. I'm sure they would have tried to sort it out if I'd complained, but for one night, it just didn't seem worth it.

The shower had little water pressure (came out in more of a trickle) and the temperature fluctuated wildly, but the bathrooms are otherwise really good.

This all sounds negative, but I'm being picky. This is actually a really nice hotel and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business