DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
4,373 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescity cafetrain stationon arrivalfree wificanal streetmanchester piccadillyexcellent hotelmodern hotelmini barbusiness triphotel barbreakfast was excellentcentral locationsaturday nightchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a birthday weekend and enjoyed our stay. We paid £120 for bed and breakfast in a standard rooom. The check in staff were friendly and efficient and there were free cookies when we arrived. Although there was no hotel parking available when we checked in we were recommended another cheaper car park. As the hotel is pretty new the room felt clean and modern with an Apple TV and all the sky sports channels. Our room was at the back away from Piccadily station so it was very quiet. The buffet breakfast was excellent in the morning with a whole range of cooked food being regularly served in the ultra modern dinning room. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending a conference.

Good points:
Location is great - right beside Manchester Picadilly train station. Conference and restaurants all within walking distance.
Nice lobby.
Rooms finished with Apple TV tech - very handy.

Not just so good points:
Breakfast just didn't seem as good as at other Hilton hotels. Nothing specifically wrong with it, just not as impressive.
Gym a bit small and only one upright exercise bike.
Room was a bit sterile and more on the functional side than comfortable.

But all-in-all it was grand and met my needs. Just didn't set my world on fire.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim-J-W
Reviewed 12 June 2013

What a place came for the weekend to go to Bon Jovi concert there are plenty of places to eat we ended up at Eden which everybody enjoyed The accomodation was top notch and the location perfect after getting off the train at Piccadilly We were a group of 10 and everybody enjoyed the experience

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Location is within short walking distance from Piccadilly train station.

After a very early morning flight from Munich to Manchester, my wife n I me reached Doubletree by Hilton Manchester at about 10am.

I totally understand that the hotel could not check us in due the the early arrival. So, without complain we simply venture City of Manchester. Oh.. not forgetting the warm cookies served to us upon our arrival, a pleasant surprise which greeted us! Unfortunately, the female front desk officer wasn't as warm as the cookies she served us.. she was totally cold and distant.

After about 2 hrs, we decided to return to the hotel. The same staff who attended to us saw our presence at the lobby but she chose to ignore if not totally oblivious of us. I assumed that our room wasn't ready. So, we simply waited for the staff to call us for our room.

After about an hour of waiting, obviously we are drained from our wee hours travelling and in desperate need to freshen up, so I approached another staff. And guess what, our room was ready all along. Pretty disappointed but what the hell, it's our holiday and I'm not going to spoil my day by such incompetent, cold and ignorant staff as her.. what a total shame for the hotel.

Our room was located on the 3rd floor.. and after all the set backs.. we were greeted by a very spacious, clean.. and well lighted room.. furnished with Apple TV, toiletry supplies by Crabtree and Evelyn (Citron range) and coffee/tea of Clippers brand. And of course, free range of Wifi everywhere.

Guess all those some how 'compensated' us from the frustrations we experienced earlier.

Breakfast buffet, u need to be early to get a table.. the spread is just as delightful as the warmed cookies and their rooms.. :)

Recommended location and stay, for sure..

Room Tip: Try the rooms facing the Piccadilly Station, more view to see.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience with us.

I do apologise about the incident at check-in and I can assure that we have spoken to our team about this. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room, its amenities and your welcome cookies!

If you would like to contact me at sean.walsh2@hilton.com to further discuss your experience, I'm sure that we can accomodate any special requests if you would like to book again with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I'd seen this hotel from the tram a few times, so when I needed to stay overnight near to Piccadilly station, this was an obvious choice. I've stayed in it's sister hotel in Leeds a number of times, so I'm used to the style and setup.

Quick check in and check out. As I was leaving before 7am the next morning, I didn't think I could get breakfast, as in the evening I was told breakfast was available from 7. When I checked out the next morning, it turned out the kitchen had breakfast ready, so I could have had some, had I known!

Rooms are well laid out with contemporary furniture, and very functional. Plenty of power sockets for your tech, for instance. Also well soundproofed. Couldn't hear the trams going past outside.

Super comfy bed. Didn't want to get up!

The only downside in my room is that the air-conditioning fan was making a weird noise at times, for which the staff were suitably apologetic in the morning. Luckily I didn't need to leave the a/c on overnight, just a quick blast on arrival to cool down the room from the heat of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo