“Perfect location ”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #19 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it's in a perfect location. It's within walking distance to the main city centre attractions. The room was an ideal size for two people and it felt very spacious! The room was very clean and was cleaned daily. The room offered tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer and iron with ironing board. There is also an in-room iMac which is used as the television but it can be used for the Internet as well . The hotel also offers free wifi throughout your stay.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming! We were greeted with two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies which was very nice.

We did not use any of the other facilities although they looked very good which included a gym. The car parking facilities were reasonable price we paid £15 a night. World highly recommend this hotel and will use it again in the future!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband & I stayed here on a Saturday night, we just wanted somewhere decent to stay after a night out. The hotel is right across from Piccadilly station and also the free metro buses. We had a king room which was a touch on the small side, but was fine for us for one night. We were on the second floor facing the main road and we couldn't hear the traffic. Our shower was powerful and a good size, and the window in the room actually opens! (Too many hotels in England seem to have non-opening windows these days.) We had the buffet breakfast which was very good - we always get our money's worth in tea and coffee alone. The hot food was regularly replenished, even though it was busy and the staff were permanently rushing round. We also had some nice cocktails in the hotel bar. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly. My request for fresh milk in the room was delivered in record time.
Great hotel, great staff and a great location.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Overall very good Hotel, clean, bright airy rooms, very friendly staff, good location to railway/tram station. Short walk to Phones for U Arena. Downside, overpriced bar, set price for breakfast. Minor problems encountered taps on basin loose in bathroom & shower gel dispenser would not work.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Got into Picadilly and had my umbrella ready (essential in Manchester) and was ready for a bit of a walk when I spotted the doubletree right as I came out of the station! excellent. Check in was very quick and easy though I wasn't offered an upgrade despite being a Hilton Gold member. Got my cookie which I gave away to a colleague because of a nut allergy (PLEASE do a normal chocolate chip one Hilton!)

Room itself was an okay size, very clean. The queen bed was on the hard side but that's my preference. No TV, just a mac which is easy to sync an ipad with although the screen is a little on the small side. Wifi was fast, reliable and easy. Nice large shower with plenty of hot water. It was exceptionally quiet despite being so close to the station and busy road.

Breakfast was good - excellent service, still at the curse of many modern hotels - tiny glasses for orange juice. WHY!? OH WHY!? do they they do that? just give me a tumbler! anyway good selection of good (though no pain au chocolat) :(

overall a positive experience. Ticked three of the most important boxes. Good bed, good shower, good breakfast.

Room Tip: 537 - average room, higher up I think is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here overnight for a concert at the MEN, very clean and tidy and staff very friendly and helpful. Located about 200 metres from Manchester Piccadilly station and very close to city centre. Breakfast was very good and although a buffet style it was all very fresh and hot. The room was quite spacious and very clean, would recommend.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a wonderful two night stay in a king deluxe room lovely clean room.
Room had everything we needed and was comfortable.
Would definitely stay again also had room service and the food was lovely.
Staff helpful and polite. Loved the extras like the cookies and water in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had planned on giving this hotel a glowing report. However now I'm home and have checked my credit bill I'm afraid I'm not happy.

The good things - the welcome is great. The rooms are well designed, plug socket by the bed, plug sockets near the mirrors, lights by the mirrors too. The little things that make drying your hair, charging your phone etc easier. Bathrooms are a nice size and you get fluffy robes if you stay in the deluxe rooms. You are also able to control the air con in your own room - I had mine on extra cold all the time I was there as it was otherwise very warm.

The apple TV is a nice touch allowing you to use it as a pc too. There is also a small fridge in the room and you get two small bottles of water free each day.

The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming in all areas of the hotel and it is very clean. The food is of a very good standard and service is prompt.

Onto the bad stuff. I went on a business trip and so part of my bill was to be charged back to the firm. When I checked in I handed over a credit card agreeing to a maximim of £100 for additional items. When I checked out my bill was calculated correctly and the additional items came to £17.15 I handed over my card and put in my pin for £17.15, the main bill was to be charged to my company. However on checking my statement I have also been charged £755 for my room and meals which should have been charged the company. OK this may be a mistake but I had not entered a pin for that amount. It's concerning that they were able to just take the money. I'm waiting for this to be put right.

It's a shame because otherwise I was extremely impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JackAppleton, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review with Tripadvisor.

I was very disappointed to learn you clearly experienced an issue with billing when you recently stayed. If you could contact me directly to discuss this further, Jack.Appleton@hilton.com this would be much appreciated.

I do look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.