“Not the Hilton I am used to”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Friendly staff but small room and wifi in the room and restaurant is dreadful. I did mention it at reception and whilst pleasant I got the impression this was the norm. I am a HH member and whilst the room is very warm and not on the HH floor it's not quite what I'd expected from a hilton. It seems a little up on a travel lodge but as I say not the a Hilton brand I normally say in hence the average rating. Only 1 more night left not sure I'd rush back! Sorry Hilton Doubletree!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DawesFamily
Claire A, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear DawesFamily,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I apologies for the difficulties you had with the Wi-Fi in both your room and public areas. We do check the connections regularly and reboot the routers when needed. I am sorry that in this case we were unable to reassure you that this is not something which we are unable to rectify.

In regards to HH members, we will try our best to allocate you a room on one of our HH floors but this is always subject to availability during your stay.

I have emailed you directly so if there is anything else I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

Claire Armitage

Write a ReviewReviews (4,253)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms with a great location. Excellent breakfast which is paid at check in is extremely great value. Love the computers in the rooms. I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Anthony G,

Thank your for sharing your recent review with us on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you had such a positive experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly and that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast offer at check in.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great service from the staff- felt valued. The room was great and perfect for my stay- clean and comfortable. The room service was efficient and quality of food was good. An overall good experience and as a Hilton member , I enjoyed the additional benefits during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Francis M,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear as a loyal HH member you were able to enjoy the additional benefits during your stay. I have passed on your comment regarding the standards of the rooms to Anna, our Execuitive Head Housekeeper and to Ricardo, our Restaurant and Bars Manager regarding your room seervice experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel was a three minute walk from Manchester Picadilly and a 5 minute walk from the city centre, yet on a really quiet, safe street. The bedrooms are spotlessly clean and really comfortable. However the doors allow noise in from the corridor, which can be a problem at night. Beautiful breakfast. Staff VERY helpful. You will like it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sile O,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you found the location of the hotel ideal for your recent stay with us and the staff very helpful in dealing with your requests. We apologise for the noise disturbance and hope this did not affect your overall experience with us.

I have passed on your comments to Anna, our Executive Head HouseKeeper regarding the cleanliness of your room. Anna and the team work very hard to ensure such high standards.

We look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Manchester.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great hotel in an ideal location for Manchester Piccadilly train station. Very helpful staff, happy to book taxis for us. Warm cookies on arrival is always a nice touch! Room was very clean and quiet even though there was construction work going on across the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Eilidh M,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you found the location of the hotel perfect for your stay with us and that the team were helpful in accommodating your requests.

We are also pleased you enjoyed our DoubleTree Cookies!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We are still full of deligt for a wonderfully pleasurable stay at the Hotel at the end of May. From the point of Booking in to departure we enjoyed excellent service. When the receptionist enquired if we had any plans for our afternoon we told her that we were in Manchester to join with family and friends for our Golden Wedding celebration lunch. Her delight was sincere on wishing us Congratulations which in turn delighted us. On our return in the evening we went into the bar for a light supper which was splendid, served by a most friendly and attentive waitress. On retiring to our room a wonderful day was made more so. On entering we were delightfully surprised to find two glasses of Champagne, a Greeting Card and Balloon awaiting us from the staff, so very thoughtful. All this and an excellent room and breakfast the following morning was most appreciated by us. to simply say Thank You seems slight so we would like to add a heartfelt Well Done for making our stay so heart warming

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Janice S,

Thank you for for sharing such a fantastic review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your comments with the team who were thrilled they were able to make such a special occassion even more memorable for you! The team at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly take great pride in going the extra mile for guests.

We look forward to welcoming you both again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel and it was once again of a high standard. I stayed in a twin room on the second floor with my 9 year old daughter as we were in Manchester to see One Direction at Etihad stadium. If staying here for an event at Etihad be aware that it is a good 30 minute walk to the station from the hotel.

The hotel is just across the road from Manchester Piccadilly train station, less than a 3 minute walk once out of the station. Reception is quick and efficient and the staff are very welcoming, you even get a warm cookie each on arrival.....yum! The rooms are clean and decorated to a high standard, each has a iMac which doubles up as your TV. There is a fridge in the room and the free wifi is good, I had no problems connecting to it. The bathroom was spotless and well stocked with Crabtree & Evelyn Citron toiletries. The bed was comfortable and I had a reasonable sleep (I don't sleep well when I'm away from home).

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as it was £10 each, which seemed a bit pricey. Instead we went to a Wetherspoons (around a 5 minute walk towards the city centre) and had breakfast there for less than £9 for us both.

As I had already pre-paid the room I used the express check out which was very easy. Basically you drop your room keys into a box near reception.

This is a good hotel and I would recommend it to my friends and family. If you can get a high room at the front of the hotel then the views are pretty good.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, the views are much better 😃