“Good and Bad and odd”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #19 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The good
Well designed rooms in tight spaces
Nice entrance and bar
Great breakfast
Attentive staff
Good central Manchester location

The bad
Only 17 parking spaces!
Poor handling of guest complaints
Noisy air conditioning in rooms.
Linen and beds not up to Hilton Brand status
Street noise and lights can be disturbing

The odd
TV replaced by an apple mac that is interesting but difficult to navigate and turn off

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Claire A, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear DrNic1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the lcoation, team and breakfast buffet. I am sorry to hear that other aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I have emailed you directly so I can look into this for you in more details.

Our mission is to be the first choice of the world’s travellers and it seems that on this occasion we have fallen short of our goal and failed to deliver the high standards of service that you would expect from a hotel representing the Hilton brand.

We appreciate your feedback and the time taken to communicate this to us and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel looks refreshingly bright and modern. The rooms are equipped with safe deposit boxes and refrigerators. The complimentary cookies was a surprise.There are three restaurants with breakfast being served at the City Cafe. Staff are well trained and helpful. Service from checking in and out, and at the restaurants was fast. The main attraction is the central location. Piccadilly station ( with connection to Manchester airport and London) is less than a five minutes walk. The hotel is adjacent to the the central shopping and entertainment district of Manchester. Everything is within walking distance. Saw a play at the Royal Exchange Theatre. Arndale Shopping Centre( one of Britains largest city center shopping malls) is a ten minute walk.If you want a modern hotel with excellent facilities and a central location in Manchester, then the Double Tree should be your first choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear madhavkudva,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review on your stay on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you experienced such great service from the team at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly. We agree the location is great for all of Manchesters main attractions and thrilled you would name us as first choice (glad you enjoyed the cookies too)!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed for 1 night this week whilst attending business meetings in Manchester. The service from the moment I arrived to the moment I checked out was flawless. The staff were super-efficient, friendly and helpful. The hotel was spotless. The room was immaculate, had all the usual amenities attended to and good free wifi. The location was ideal as right outside Manchester Piccadilly station. Only downside was the room overlooked a building site, but since I wasn't there for the view, it really wasn't an issue for me. I stay in many hotels across the UK for business and this definitely sits as one of the best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nicole P,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic 5* review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear such great compliments regarding the service from the team as well as the high standards of the bedrooms. Anna, our Executive Head Housekeeper, will be thrilled to communicate this to her team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Requested early check in for 11 am. Arrived at 11 am check in was quick. Then they said can you come back to reception later as they could not give me a room key, because the machine was not working. Ok not a big deal. Took my car around to the underground parking, the key they gave me to open the electronic security shutter didn't work, someone from reception came out and shouted through the shutter to a colleague to open the gate from the inside , which they did. Ok no big deal. In the parking lot a member of staff was waiting for us so that they could escort us up to our room and let us in, as we had no room key. The room we had booked was for a double bed and a pull out by for my daughter. The nice lady from the hotel open the door to our room and there is only a double bed in the room, I mentioned it should have a pull out bed as well to the nice lady and she said she would get it sorted, which she did. Ok no big deal. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a drink in the bar, you don't want to de-hydrate during the warm weather, we also ate breakfast at the hotel very nice and plentiful and not a bad price when you consider the tea, coffee and juice refills and also the various items for breakfast. The room as with the rest of the hotel had a nice relax clean feel to it. In the room had an iMac to watch TV on or use as a computer, nice touch. The hotel is in a good location for visiting the city centre on foot. The one thing that is a big deal is the air con. It was a complete waste of time. The room was hot, waiting for the lift in the corridor was hot and uncomfortable. When can places realise its very important to have air con that works in keeping the place nice and cool. Overall would I go back yes but not during warm weather.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mellor2012

Dear Mellor2012,

Thank you for sharing your recent review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that the start of your stay with us was a less than smooth one. It is great to hear the team were able to meet you at the car park are escort you personally to the room.

I am grateful for your feedback regarding the air conditioning and am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay fully when you were with us due to the discomfort caused by this. We would have been happy to recify this for you had we have known of the issue during your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for one night having booked to see a show. Location is excellent and within walking distance of most attractions. Room lovely,fresh and clean. We had breakfast which was also very good. The complimentary cookies are to die for! Most of the staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. I would have rated this a 5 but for just one staff member who was less than enthusiastic about her job!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear pookie19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the loctaion was perfect for all the main attractions you wanted to visit.

I have shared your comments with the breakfast, housekeeping and front desk teams who were delighted you found the team helpful and, yes, the cookies are to die for!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon - we will have cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Doubletree in Manchester in early July whilst visiting friends in Manchester. I have to say my expectations were exceeded in every way. Perfect city central location - ideal for us coming in on the train. We had a great night out in Manchester with expert guidance from the staff and returned to the hotel late in the evening for more cocktails and drinks in the hotel bar. This would be my first choice for central Manchester hotels and I am already looking at booking my next stay. It was my birthday weekend, the staff were aware of this and did everything they could to make it special.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pureoutdoor,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear your stay with us exceeded your expectations with great service from the team and a little birthday treat from us too!

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My first ever stay in Manchester City Centre, and I obviously chose well !

The location, rooms & service are excellent and in my opinion cannot be faulted. I happened to have used the Concierge service on a number of occasions during our stay, and the service delivered by numerous of its staff was flawless.

My obvious choice for our next trip

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stuartmenez
Claire A, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear stuartmenez,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear your first trip to Manchester and DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly made such an impression on you! I am especially thrilled to hear the great service delivered by the Guest Service Team in assisting you during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next in the city!