“Outstanding”

DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Following my recent stay, the staff are fantastic nothing was too much for them. The room was very comfortable, white crisp linen, fluffy towel, free internet and a well stocked bar. I have stayed in numerous City Inns in the UK and have never been disappointed.
Well done too City Inn Manachester

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,258)

Reviewed 9 April 2009

Planned weekend away to MEN venue originally booked with another hotel but having read customer reviews decided to change to the city inn. What a good move. Even though bit more expensive than original hotel well worth the money. From the moment we arrived to check in (3 hours early but no problem) to the moment we left we were made to feel as if we were the only people in the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble even when we were trying to enquire about our way round manchester. We were offered a disabled room that was ready and told if we did not want it to ring down and let them know but it was offered as had the extra space. The room was lovely very clean and very contempory. That evening we ate in the restaurant. The staff were excellent as was the food. The surroundings also were lovely. We went to the concert at the MEN (very well placed just a quick tram ride away) then had a late night drink in the bar. Again the staff were excellent - very professional and friendly nothing too much trouble. The best was then to come - breakfast. Wonderful is all I will say you need to try it to appreciate it. We then left our luggage with the hotel while we enjoyed the day in manchester.Collected luggage and 2 minutes walk to piccadilly for our train. My husband and myself have not had a break for many years and the hotel was the icing on the cake. When we go back to manchester we will stay there anything else would be second best no wonder Tina Turners backing group and dancers were staying there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Why look anywhere else when you have this quality. Wonderful good sized rooms with Apple Macs in each room. Great bathrooms, large beds really everything you could ever hope for in an hotel. The staff are very attentive, well trained and very helpful. It is the second City Inn that I have stayed in, the first being in Birmingham and as a chain albeit a small one they really set a standard that is hard to match. This is the British hotel at its best. By the way the breakfast is great with the food cooked to request and as a vegetarian I was really well catered for.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2009

We stayed here on 4 April having decided to travel to Manchester by train. Manchester Piccadilly and the Metrolink are only a couple of minutes walk away, and this hotel has the benefit of being very quiet whilst being close to all amenities. Very clean and contemporary. Macs in the bedrooms have internet access, CD player and DVDs - hotel keeps a library. Two tiny whinges - the bed was rock hard (but you can't please everyone!) and the drinks are a bit pricey from the bar (like every hotel). Great service, very happy to keep our luggage for us when we went to the football, so all in all a good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2009

I arrived at the hotel at around 9.30am, but was able to check in and go straight to my room. The check in staff were delightful and couldn't have been more friendly. The room was comfortable and had everything you could need including a full sized iron and ironing board. I really can not fault the room at all.

The bar was very warm and welcoming and I felt comfortable having my G&T after a long day even though I was sat alone.

I ordered my evening meal through room service and if I'd have paid double the price in London, I'd have been happy. It was such good value for excellent quality.

I had breakfast in my room and again, this was lovely.

The reception staff dealt with my check out efficiently and there was no problem storing my luggage for the day.

The hotel's location is great. It's literally over the road from Piccadilly Station, which is about 15 minutes on the train from the airport. So, if you're flying in, as I did, this is a perfect location to stay, right in the heart of Manchester.

I really can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2009

From Check in to Check out, the service was great. We had a complementary upgrade to a club room, (due to it being my husbands birthday), which also included a bottle of wine, and two drinks in the bar. The room was contemporary, spacious and spotlessly clean. Fantastic IMAC system, for TV/DVD/CD/ITunes and internet. Great power shower in the ensuite. We ate at the City Cafe, which was a pleasure, the service and food were excellent. A really enjoyable stay - wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2009

check-in was prompt and informative because we were celebration a special occasion we were up graded to a suite with many extras (wine,fruit and even a birthday cake). The suite was spacious and bright with all up to date technology (apple mac DVD player internet). we had a meal in the restaurant on our first night which was of a very high standard. The hotel is very close to the centre of Manchester and Canal Street which is worth seeing.The breakfast was really lovely with a great choice, the staff were friendly and helpful and even though this is a business hotel it has a very relaxed atmosphere. Likes room, environment, technology dislikes nothing

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family