“Highly recommended.”

Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Excellent staff, excellent service, breakfast excellent (although I would recommend you make an effort to get up early - we did and it was nice and quiet and there was a queue outside when we left).

Room a decent size (although bed was a little small - used to Marriot King beds!) and clean.

Macs are a nice touch.

The bar was nice with good cocktails. location is great - close to shops and Chinatown.

All in all an excellent stay for the money - best deal was on ebookers.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2010

This is my second visit to this hotel as I loved it so much the first time I had to return!. The best things about this hotel are the location,(right next to Canal St and chinatown) and also the MAC entertainment system in every room that has free intenet, dvd and cd player! great for checking out reviews online before you go out!. The room is an average size with a small bathroom with nice powerful shower. Room is well equiped with hairdryer, ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes and toiletries from the White Company. The staff are all very friendly with an efficient check in service, we pulled up outside and checked in, our bags were then taken to our room while we parked the car in a nearby underground carpark. It was only 50 metres way and reasonably priced at £12 for 24hours. All in all this is a great contemporary hotel that I can highly recommend.

fiddler70
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Im ashamed to say that I ALWAYS find something to complain about wherever I go, but I couldn't fault this hotel. Staff were extremely welcoming accommodating and helpful. I asked for a quiet room and thats exactly what I was given, not an easy task when you turn up and book early evening on a Saturday. The room was very modern and scrupulously clean. Nibbles, wine and even the biscuits to have with your tea were really yummy and of high quality. Lovely modern shower. Room temperature was controlled manually by using a panel by the door and there was no noisy fan or extractor. I had room service twice. A late night snack (which I ate whilst watching the Apple TV/Radio/Computer) and breakfast. The breakfast was delicious, probably the best Ive had in a hotel. Check out is midday, that extra hour is a real treat, 11am is too early in my book! I brought a large amount of musical equipment with me and the staff very kindly let me leave it all in the hotel for the day, after I checked out, so I could do some shopping. Very impressed overall, terrific value too. I am looking forward to my next trip, when I shall give the restaurant a go.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Birmingham UK
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Overall we were pleased with the hotel, would have liked a bath instead of just a shower cubicle. Next to the gay village and not far from the nightlife.
Staff friendly and helpful

Midlands, Ireland
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the city inn on 19-21 February, I booked it on the recommendations on Tripadvisor and it certainly lived up to all expectations, great location right accross from picadilly train station we had no problem finding it and idea walking distance from the city centre for the weary shopper on saturday. we had breakfast both mornings which was really good and with no delays. we were so tired on saturday from shopping that we ate in the hotel restaurant that night and it was excellent and very reasonably priced, I would have no hesitation to recommend it to anyone thinking of travelling to Manchester

Lancashire, England
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Stayed here over Valentine's weekend. 3rd visit for me but first for my husband. Fab room, great bed, lovely big shower. It was very busy and we had to wait both mornings for breakfast. However, there is juice, coffee & pastries to wait with or you can return to your room and they will ring you when your table is free. Not a worry.
We ate in the restaurant - I had possibly the best ever starter - confit of belly pork with scallop and pea puree. Perfectly cooked and so delicious.
The location is excellent especially when you come to Manchester on the train.
Can't wait for the next time.
By the way, we went inside the Town Hall to see an exhibition. What an amazing building.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I had previously stayed at City Inn Birmingham and so I knew what to expect. City Inn Manchester is another excellent hotel in this chain - clean rooms, exceptional service (very polite and friendly staff). We had arrived early and were told we were able to check in straight away which was a real bonus. My husband immediately fell in love with the Apple iMac in the room and it was a great excuse to catch up on some e-mails etc.

The beds were extremely comfortable - I don't sleep well when Im away from home but that was probably the best night's sleep I have ever had in a hotel room. Bathroom facilities excellent - powerful shower. Breakfast in the restaurant which was included with our room rate was also very good with a wide selection to choose from.

The hotel is about a minute's walk from Piccadily station - very handy for us as we travelled by train. We were attending a gig at the MEN so its about a 20-min walk to the arena but its easy to get to.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and look forward to staying with City Inn again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel