3 people are viewing this hotel
Fully refundable before Wed, 29 May
Andy Hall

Weekend in Manchester

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 May 2019via mobile
Stayed in the hotel on Saturday 25th may excellent reception staff very helpful we managed to get an early check in as we arrived at 9-30am.
The only thing i would say is the price we paid was quite expensive not to include breakfast as we stayed in the Travelodge for our second nights stay at less than half the price we paid for this hotel and not a lot of difference.
But i did enjoy my stay and the breakfast on the Sunday morning was excellent
Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 12 Jun 2019
Dear AndyLUFC1962,

Thank you for posting this review following your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found our staff to be helpful and breakfast to be excellent. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

£116
  • Trip.com
0.3 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
View more hotels in Manchester
5,630 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies train station city centre canal street manchester piccadilly excellent hotel modern hotel business trip mini bar hotel bar breakfast was excellent piccadilly gardens saturday night stayed for one night car park mint
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2019

I had a technical conference near the Central Library but I always prefer to stay a few blocks away to avoid meeting the same people again and again. My first time in Manchester so I chose this lovely Double Tree Piccadilly which was a few minutes walk from the conference location. Later I've learned of my excellent decision. The location of the hotel is perfect, by the canal, near Piccadilly station, many bars, grocery stores, and Market street. Of course you walk everywhere. The staff of the hotel and restaurant was gorgeous, all young vital, and efficient people. The best part was the room, even though small by US standards, it was unshakable, truly solid and no vibrations or noises or footsteps were ever noticeable. The room had this electric kettle that I used all the time. American hotels may need to learn to put an electric kettle in their rooms. Way to build and furnish a hotel for happy customers like me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank Raul R
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2019

Dear Raul,

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted you had a great stay and made the most of your visit to the hotel and Manchester. It is amazing to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2019

Visited hotel again within central walking distance to key points in city and very close to main train station. Staff quick, professional and helpful. Well equipped gym . Tasty and filling breakfast. Good drinking bar. i cannot ask for more. i recommend

Room tip: All rooms look good. i go for double beds
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear 507gregoryb,

Thank you for posting this amazing review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found our staff to be quick, professional and helpful. I am very happy to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst in Manchester for business.

The hotel is ideally located for the centre of Manchester, it is less than 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly station. Reception staff were friendly and efficient at check in.

The reception area, lobby, bars, etc are all nice, clean and modern. I had read on Trip Advisor that the rooms were a bit tired, mine wasn't, I found my room was relatively modern and was clean, tidy and as expected. I did find that the pillows were far too soft to my liking and didn't result in a good night's sleep, it would have been great if there were a choice of pillows, hard and soft.

I'd certainly recommend this hotel to others.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear swarbrick77,

Thank you for posting this review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found its location to be ideal, reception team to be friendly and efficient and your room to be clean and modern as well as other hotel areas. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2019

Great direct location from Manchester airport, just around the corner from where the train pulls into Piccadilly station. Staff very friendly and helpful, room very comfortable with all amenities you need. Breakfast - great variety of hot and cold foods, pastries etc. Good atmosphere in the bar.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear katyh155,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted you had a great stay and made the most of your visit to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2019 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. Friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Large, comfortable well equipped rooms. As with all Hilton's they seem to set the breakfast benchmark and never fail to satisfy.
If I had a gripe about the room, it's that there are no USB charge points anywhere to be found, so ensure you carry a plug.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Heftyhootaz

Dear Heftyhootaz,

Thank you for your great review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found our staff to be helpful, friendly and welcoming. I am delighted the room and breakfast met your expectations. Thank you very much for the suggestion on USB plug sockets. I can assure you that we are in a process of implementing these in our bedrooms.