Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bruceybhughes
Menai Bridge, United Kingdom

Fantastic All Round Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jul 2019via mobile
I have stayed here many times but never written a review of this Hotel.

From start to finish you are always guaranteed a warm welcome no matter who you are. The rooms are clean (oh and everything works) But here is what makes this hotel so much different to the others.
OH PLUS THE COOKIE AT RECEPTION

The staff certainly go out there way. Whether it's a planned future event or a certain preference to your needs the Doubletree Manchester is certainly able to cater for all.

The recent rebranding of the Store street restaurant & bar. Is welcome to anyone not just for guests or those who just want to walk off the street into the hotel certainly can. Please note the Cocktails are a Huge!! Must! must! must! Please see my pictures attached you won't be dissapointed. There are working points to charge you laptop or your phone. (Certainly in my opinion id stop anywhere before catching a train to charge my phone hassle free while having a quick refreshment a must adjacent to Manchester Piccadilly Station). One clear selling point for me! P.s. It's the doubletree cookie cocktail . (Thanks to all the team at store street)

The staff at reception Silvia and Eva and the rest of the team are most welcoming.

The room I was in was stunning and once again from photos they speak for themselves. I was lucky enough to be upgraded on this occasion for free.

Oh any future events a massive Thank you to Colette too :) The events are upstairs had recently been refurbished so whether it's a meeting or need to use the rooms for interviews do enquire with this hotel. You certainly won't be disappointed.

Another top tip from me is - Hilton Honors app to find the best prices for this hotel and also you get to pick your room.

Big thank you from me. See you very soon
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 18 Jul 2019
Dear bruceybhughes,

Thank you for posting this review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

£149
    £34
0.3 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
View more hotels in Manchester
5,654 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies train station city centre canal street manchester piccadilly excellent hotel modern hotel business trip mini bar hotel bar breakfast was excellent piccadilly gardens saturday night stayed for one night car park mint
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

My first review of this stay at the hotel was 2 stars , after tonight - one star .
First ,I payed 2270€ per 11 nights for two persons - room was called King Guest room . I came in , and literally after putting inside of room our two suitcases , there was no space to do one step . I couldn’t even open properly bags to take my stuff , bed is perhaps 0,75 meters away from a wall. Claustrophobic ? If not , you will be.
Bathroom was also two steps long with small shower cabin.
I immediately called to ask for bigger room , upgrade costed 50£ per night , but was possible from a next day .
What did I get for extra 500£?
I finally got to time to check in a bigger room (sitting at floor in front of the room and waiting for half an hour for anyone to help me with 60 kilos of suitcases was involved in that process- I was infringe if the room because they canceled my room card so I’m not able to come back in ). When I went down to ask why nobody is coming to help me , even though they contacted me in my room with clearly saying someone will help me right away with luggage , staff lady was so rude , blaming on me for not answering room phone(even though they changed the card) , mocking me and sarcastically laughing to my face . We literally had an argument in front of guests and other staff , while she keeps arguing and I just took my new room card and left .
I transferred my luggage to next floor by myself , came to room with more space , but TV isn’t working in bedroom , there isn’t enough space in closet for longer staying (11 days) , and good luck with washing your face or hands because warm water is a dream , and you can only expect mildly lukewarm water or ice cold water at sink for washing face or hands.
Food choice is poor , room service is pretty fast but they don’t have much to offer . In your mini bar you’ll find chips , one Twix chocolate , and couple of beverages .
Breakfast ? Fridge-Cold milk , with poor choice of food , mostly cereals , butter , marmalade, tables so close one to each other that you will not have one private conversation without audience , and you’ll need every single morning to repeat room number and surname , because they simply don’t remember you . If you speak on the phone , don’t worry , lovely lady will interrupt you to ask again about room number , surname and who put you to sit there . Because , who are you to think you can eat a breakfast and have important business conversation by yourself .
After that incident with Receptionist , Managment did tried to calm me down , after seeing 2 star review , sending me two bottles of drink in the room , which I declined politely, explaining what is wrong .
Tonight , on our ninth night of stay in this ho(s)tel I called room service at around 22:30, nobody answered , I called again at 22:55 / room service answers , I want to order two meals - both from Room service menu . But one of them is available until 23:00 .
They literally told me that I can not have any meal from room service menu except for : soup, sandwiches and chicken tikka masala.
With explanation that chef left at 23:00 (even though I’m calling earlier ,but they don’t answer).
So , if you would like after 23:00 to eat cold tasteless sandwich for 6,95£ and wait for it 30 minutes , or pay additionally for a tray 4£ for other meals before 23:00 , you’ll enjoy the stay .
Our bathroom wasn’t cleaned properly since we came here , you need to change toilet paper rolls by yourself , because they don’t care for empty roll standing 3 days next to the toilet .
Bedroom has no light what so ever but one lamp on table and natural light by day , so if you are a woman , doing your makeup at evening , good luck with that .
TV program ? 40 TV stations , mostly local with radio stations included . Looking for some normal Chanels ? Let’s say : Nat geo , History , Fox , anything usual ? No.
All in all - you’ll be better in some less known , but more guest - oriented hotel .
I have never been so disappointed and frustrated in my life with hotel .
The only reason I stayed is the fact I already payed to my travel agency and there is no refund .

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank alexis_gudelj6
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2019

Dear alexis_gudelj6,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. It saddens me, that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. I can assure you your suggestions have been communicated with relevant departments. Please rest assured that it will all be used constructively to improve service for all our guests.

Reviewed 28 June 2019

Excellent reservation experience from Tobias. Nice check in with no problems. Twin room nicely furnished. Needed some more towels, advised they were in the wardrobe; quirky idea. Good sleep. Nice breakfast despite the breakfast room being taken over by a large number of Indian chaps who were following the cricket it seems. Servery ran out of glasses and coffee mugs. All round a good stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike P

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. I am delighted you had a great stay and made the most of your visit to the hotel. Thank you for all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Robert.

Reviewed 27 June 2019

The stars of this hotel belong to the Reception Staff! They were charming, welcoming and sociable - particularly Eva. Sadly the hotel did not live up to its price tag. Despite the complimentary cocktails, the time it took for us and our cases to get into the room cost us the opportunity for some window shopping and a good meal before going to the theatre, the reason we were in Manchester.

The room (an upgrade?) had no easy chair and only one ‘desk’ type chair - despite being a twin bed room. Half a toilet roll, one small and one large towel- for two people.... oh and the sink was cracked!!!

If you just need a (expensive) very comfy bed for the night, this hotel will be fine. Hmmm, I’d also find somewhere outside to eat. The evening meal was just OK but the price was silly for what we had however, breakfast was good.

This review is to drive improvement not to get anyone into trouble.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Swallowsnamazons

Dear Swallowsnamazons,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to receive your feedback regarding our reception team. However, it saddens me, that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. Thank you for all your suggestions. We need to stay competitive on the Manchester's market and we are continuously working on improving our hotel to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. Your review will help us with that! We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business. Location is great, rooms lovely, and reception and evening staff were great. What was not so great was the experience at breakfast: eating at 9:30 (served til 10am) was asked to move, partway through eating, three times so staff could get tables ready for lunch. Not okay. Would probably stay here again but choose a room rate which did not include breakfast as it’s clearly too big a hassle to have it without getting in staff’s way!

2  Thank Irmani S
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Dear Irmani,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. I am very pleased to receive your feedback regarding our location, your room and reception and evening team. Please, do accept my sincerest apologies for the breakfast service you received. I do apologise for the way our staff dealt with yourself on the day. This has been passed to our Food and Beverage management team. I can assure you our team is friendly and welcoming as our priority is to deliver the best positive experience to every single guest every time. Thank you for all your comments. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and have a chance to exceed your expectations and bring maximum value to get 5/5 review.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

Booked as a recommendation for easy travel to The Etihad the doubletree was a good choice. Pre-booked on-site parking at £17.50 overnight which worked very well. I didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. Check in was a little disjointed on my visit as the room card key machine wasn't working but otherwise pain free. Checkout no problems. Room was clean and fit for purpose. Good transport links and shops close to hotel.

2  Thank BigLee40
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Dear BigLee40,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding our car park, your room and the location of the hotel. Please, do accept my sincerest apologies for the issues with room key that you have experienced. I can assure you we were working hard on fixing this problem and the machine is working well right now. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,