Lowest prices for your stay
£89
£90
Algotels
£83
VincentAshton
Bury, United Kingdom

Excellent place to stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jul 2019
Stayed here on New Years Eve at short notice. Both myself and my girlfriend are disabled and they were really nice and approachable, nothing was too much for them. It had very pleasant rooms and very clean and presentable.
Date of stay: December 2018
Responded 1 Aug 2019
Dear VincentAshton,

Thank you for posting this review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found our staff to be nice and approachable. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

£116
    £28
1.0 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
View more hotels in Manchester
5,630 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies train station city centre canal street manchester piccadilly excellent hotel modern hotel business trip mini bar hotel bar breakfast was excellent piccadilly gardens saturday night stayed for one night car park mint
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019

The hotel is well situated and the foyer / reception area is superb. The check in process was very efficient
However, the room size / cleanliness was well below my expectation for Hilton Doubletree. I'll avoid again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank yusuf41
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2019

Dear yusuf41,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the location of our hotel, reception area and check-in process. However, it saddens me, that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. Thank you for your suggestions. I can assure you it has been communicated with relevant departments, as we are continuously working on improving our hotel to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. Your review will help us with that!
We still hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2019

We stayed for three nights during the Cricket World Cup. Though we arrived at 2am, the staff were quick to assist with baggage and check-in. When I mentioned that I would be dropping off our rental car nearby, the manager insisted on sending along a staff member to keep me safe on the walk back that night.

Our room was very clean and well appointed. The only disappointment was our king bed was actually two full beds pushed together, They were still comfortable and just what we needed after long days at the cricket or exploring Manchester.

The on-site dining was excellent, and the location of the hotel is perfect for getting around Manchester. We were able to explore the city center or use Manchester Piccadilly for further trips with ease.

Lastly, when it came time to depart, we mentioned that we were departing via train. The station is less than a block away, but again the manager insisted on sending a staff member with us to assist with our luggage. They exceeded any and all expectations for service.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jawsh71

Dear Jawsh71,

Thank you for this kind review. I am delighted you had a great stay and made the most of your visit to the hotel and Manchester. I am very pleased to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2019

Often stay with Hilton whilst on business and always been impressed. The hotel itself is in a great location, really central and within easy walking distance for work and the station. Room was nice and well appointed. Breakfast was also decent and staff were all very friendly. However, was staying in a twin room and the beds were really uncomfortable. Had two singles both of which were wobbly and my colleague also had the same experience in another room! Kept feeling like you were going to fall out of the bed. The air conditioning was really noisy too. Couldn't sleep with it on, even on the lowest setting and when it was off it rattled incessantly. Would advise taking ear plugs if you want to sleep!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Katie B

Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the location of our hotel, your room, breakfast and our team. Thank you for your suggestions. We are continuously working on improving our hotel as we want all of our guests to have a memorable experience and your review will help us with that! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2019

This was everything we needed it to be. Located right in the centre of town near Piccadilly station, with discounted parking at the Q Park (almost next door). We stayed for two nights for work purposes and our room was ideal, with a comfortable bed and a decent-sized desk. Our room and the bathroom were clean and highly functional.
We ate in the restaurant on both nights and found the food and drinks to be excellent. Service was a slight let-down but easily addressed through regular training. We also enjoyed the lobby bar. Our Hilton status also afforded us some complimentary drinks, which were very welcome. Breakfast each morning was fine and a good start to the day.
This hotel ticked all the boxes and was very good value for money. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgeJWM

Dear GeorgeJWM,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted to receive your feedback. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here many times but never written a review of this Hotel.

From start to finish you are always guaranteed a warm welcome no matter who you are. The rooms are clean (oh and everything works) But here is what makes this hotel so much different to the others.
OH PLUS THE COOKIE AT RECEPTION

The staff certainly go out there way. Whether it's a planned future event or a certain preference to your needs the Doubletree Manchester is certainly able to cater for all.

The recent rebranding of the Store street restaurant & bar. Is welcome to anyone not just for guests or those who just want to walk off the street into the hotel certainly can. Please note the Cocktails are a Huge!! Must! must! must! Please see my pictures attached you won't be dissapointed. There are working points to charge you laptop or your phone. (Certainly in my opinion id stop anywhere before catching a train to charge my phone hassle free while having a quick refreshment a must adjacent to Manchester Piccadilly Station). One clear selling point for me! P.s. It's the doubletree cookie cocktail . (Thanks to all the team at store street)

The staff at reception Silvia and Eva and the rest of the team are most welcoming.

The room I was in was stunning and once again from photos they speak for themselves. I was lucky enough to be upgraded on this occasion for free.

Oh any future events a massive Thank you to Colette too :) The events are upstairs had recently been refurbished so whether it's a meeting or need to use the rooms for interviews do enquire with this hotel. You certainly won't be disappointed.

Another top tip from me is - Hilton Honors app to find the best prices for this hotel and also you get to pick your room.

Big thank you from me. See you very soon

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank bruceybhughes

Dear bruceybhughes,

Thank you for posting this review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.