Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HighFlyer
Greater London, United Kingdom

Centrally located

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Sept 2019
The hotel is centrally located. It is less than 10 minutes walk to Manchester Piccadilly train station. About five minutes walk to the shops and restaurants. Less than ten minutes walk to Arndale shopping centre and the coach stations. You get a chocolate cookie on arrival.
Date of stay: September 2019
Room Tip: They can be generous with a late check out.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 18 Sept 2019
Dear SetGetGo,

Thank you for posting this review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Manchester. I am delighted to read all your comments. Please, let us know next time how we can exceed your expectations and receive a perfect 5/5 review. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

£150
    £35
0.3 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
View more hotels in Manchester
5,654 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies train station city centre canal street manchester piccadilly excellent hotel modern hotel business trip mini bar hotel bar breakfast was excellent piccadilly gardens saturday night stayed for one night car park mint
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed here in. September 2019. Good Central location. Parking was a nightmare. Check in and check out was smooth. Cookies are always a plus. Clean room. Stayed only one night. Didn't have any issues. Would stay here again.

2  Thank nibupt
EdwardC5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Dear nibupt,

Thank you for posting this review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

A disaster of stay from check in to departure.

I called the hotel to find out where parking was and if there was any available, I was advised to park on the double yellow lines outside and come in to pay and get directions to their own car park.

I left my car outside on the yellow lines, then went inside to later be told after a brief wait no parking was available. However, I could use the QPark nearby and get a 15% discount although the member of staff didn’t know the price. She asked if I’d like to check-in at the same time, but I politely declined as I wanted to move my car ASAP.

I drove around to the QPark behind the hotel, parked up and walked around (about a few minutes walk), upon arriving back was served by another lady (who was quite rude), who said there were no rooms available to check-in (it was 2.10pm, I Check-In is officially at 3 pm, but a lot of others were checking in at the same time).

I was told it would cost me £20 if I wanted to check in early to another “upgraded room,” which was ready. I politely declined an I had already been offered this room via email a few days earlier for £14, so they clearly just inflated the price on the day. I said I’d just wait in the lobby.

I went over at 2.30pm to be asked if I could now check-in, the same lady served me and said she’d reserved me a room, and it was ready (unsure why she didn’t come over and tell us?).

Hotel room was quite poor, below par at best. It hadn’t been cleaned properly since the last guest as there were a toilet roll and tissues left on the floor near the bin (attached).

Our bathroom had a bit of a damp smell, but we ignored it. The shower had ‘Handwash’ in the cubicle on the wall and not shower gel, so I’d bring your own shower gel if you are wanting a shower!

The room itself was quite dated and needed some modernisation. The room we had was right next to the tram line so got quite noisy at times. There were only 3 plugs in the room, 1 used by a lamp and another 1 by the landline, so one free really. Only one of these plugs (landline plug) was near the bed so you’ll struggle to charge 2 phones at the same time or next to your bed.

We went out, and when we returned, the carpet between the bed and the bathroom wall was a little damp. We suspected we must’ve spilled some water or something before we left and went to sleep. Upon waking up the next morning, the floor was now soaking wet. The 2nd pillow which I put on the floor was dripping (photos attached). It was below the fire sprinkler, so I can only presume this must have been leaking at different times.

The only real positive was checking out... as someone who visits Hilton Hotels quite regular; this was quite a subpar experience from such brand and drastic action required.

2  Thank pd1998
EdwardC5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Dear pd1998,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. Please, do accept my sincerest apologies for all the issues you experienced. Thank you for all your suggestions. I can assure you it has been communicated with relevant departments and our management team. Our aim is to ensure you have a great stay with us without any interruptions. We are continuously working on improving our hotel as we want all of our guests to have a memorable experience and your review will help us with that.

Reviewed 15 September 2019

Reception were more than helpful through out the visit. The room was clean but dull. It needed a complete make over. Short stay not a problem , long stay ask to see your room first.

Bar prices are good. Wheel chair access is also very good to most parts of the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank 120malcolmm

Dear 120malcolmm,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased you found the reception team to be more than helpful. Thank you for the suggestion on your room. I can assure you it has been communicated with our management team. We are continuously working on improving our hotel as we want all of our guests to have memorable experiences and your review will help us with that. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2019 via mobile

Arrived to be told there was no space in the hotel car park and given a map to find a discounted car park nearby.
The map was hopeless. Especially in Manchester traffic and when you are shortsighted. Ended up over a mile away!!
Parked in another nearby car park and complained when I returned. They were very dismissive and told me it was was my fault!
Sorry but not good enough Hilton 😩

3  Thank Catswhiskers57

Dear Catswhiskers57,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. Please, do accept my sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience caused. It saddens me, that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. I can assure you your suggestions have been communicated with relevant department. Please rest assured that it will all be used constructively to improve service for all our guests.

Reviewed 12 September 2019

Hotel was very convenient and comfortable. The bar was a great place to meet family and have drinks and food. Separate restaurant that was enjoyable. Easy access to room. Would recommend. You can walk to everything or take the trolley. Walking to train station was a bit plus.

2  Thank Bonni C

Dear Bonni C,

Thank you for posting this great review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Manchester. I am delighted to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.