“Posh, but friendly”

Ranked #18 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Novello, Italy
“Posh, but friendly”
Reviewed 12 February 2011

After a night in a average place I decided to treat myself with the Mint Hotel.
Everything is super.
They have energy saving lamps all over.
The funny thing is that instead of a TV you get a iMac (useless but trendy).
The Lounge is cool.
Free wifi all over.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
North Wales
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night over the weekend with 3 friends.
I was very pleased with the hotel. The check in was quick and staff very friendly (Zizi checked us in)
Rooms were spacious and very clean, bathroom a little small but again very clean and just what I expected. Heating worked well, beds were comfortable. Used the room service; cheese toastie and fries which were great (steep but again you're on a break in a nice hotel what else do you expect!)
A nice bonus to have free wi-fi and an Apple Mac in the room - nice touch!
We didn't use the hotel restaurant or bar but both looked very nice.

We parked in the NCP overnight for £15, just to the side of the hotel, down the ramp and then a lift up to where we saw the hotel immediately! I'm not the most confident of drivers into a city but this was great. Parking a little dear but hey for 1 night I didn't mind!

I'm not sure how far it is to walk into the centre as we took a taxi - approx £4 so not bad.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cymraes13
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We had a very good experience staying at this Hotel, under slightly unusual circumstances. We intended to stay for just one night for a weekend away to Manchester, however were struck ill during our stay and ended up spending an extra night.

The Hotel staff were extremely accommodating and the room facilities were excellent. Highlights were:
- The Mac/Media System - efficient use of technology (all channels including sky sports)
- complimentary DVD hire
- The Bathroom, lovely shower/bathroom with "White Company products"
- Very quiet, especially given its location
- Location - Walking distance to shops and next to Manchester Piccadilly station

The best part about the hotel though was how attentive, accommodating and friendly the staff were. It was beyond expectations.

We would stay again any time.

Heywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed here with some friends in Januaryas we were reccomended by a work colleague.
Decor wise the hotel is lovely and clean but the staff made us feel like we were too much trouble.
On check in i asked a few questions regarding food service and the lady on the desk was unsure of most things i asked. I was also made to feel that because both myself and my friends were aged between 18-23 that we were being looked at differently than the slightly older guests checking in.
Food wise, we only had breakfast which was quite nice, although a little pricey.
The rooms were nice and clean and the housekeeping staff were very friendly.
It aslo seems to be a regular occurance in alot of hotels for the night staff to act as bouncers!!! Was treated like a criminal after a night out!!
I probably wouldnt stay at this particular hotel again but would considering staying at one in another location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Mint for a weekend. I had some email exchange with the reception. Since I was coming from the Netherlands and my boyfriend arrived from the UK
We got a free upgrade from the girl behind reception. There was a big group of guys from Scandinavia in the hotel coming over for a party, she made sure that we weren't on the same floor as them.
Rooms were comfy, shower was perfect. The room also had a mini bar with good stock. Tempting not to have a quick snack.
The Apple computer can be used as a tv, computer and radio which I think is a good thing for a hotel.
Location to visit the city is perfect! Close to the main train station. Check in/out was quick. We didn't have breakfast or dinner in the hotel.
My only disappointment; the double bed was actually two singles put together. So after the first night you notice the gap in the middle.

Cayenne, French Guiana
Reviewed 6 February 2011

When I checked in at this hotel they pre-charged my credit card for GBP100 extra, only for the use of the minibar, without telling me about it. After the pre-charge, the money on my card was locked for many days. I think they are the only hotel in the world that does this, as normally hotels only pre-charge the cost of the room, specifying the exact amount of the pre-charge or charge to customers. Evidently they do not trust their customers here. For the rest the hotel offers free Internet connectivity with Apple computers, but there are no easy-access printers for customers. You must ask the reception to handle the print-outs and that takes forever. Rooms are pretty small, cold and some do not have openable windows.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank fabmc
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2011

EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Car Park was full by 4pm even though check-in time is not until 3pm - but directed to alternative car park very very close by.
Stains and marks in room (carpet & chair) not acceptable in a hotel of this standard.

1 Thank 31EST