“Amazing food - thank goodness for tastecards!”
Review of Lusitano Restaurant & Tapas - CLOSED

Lusitano Restaurant & Tapas
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Lusitano, we only use the freshest of ingredients using traditional cooking methods with a light modern twist. Tracing some of its origins back to Ancient Lusitania,our recipes have been passing from generation to generation for hundreds of years and our family is proud to finally present them at your table. Visit us and experience the Best of Portugal in Manchester! Join us...
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Amazing food and lovely waiters. Excellent friendly service. I would definitely recommend it and will be going again! However if you're on a budget, don't go without a tastecard - it's not one of the cheapest places I've been to! On the other hand, if you have the money, the food is well worth the price :) Tapas is around £6 each depending on what you have. Also, I can recommend the Sangria! Lovely :)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a terrific way to spend Father's Day, treated to such wonderful food. Lovely décor gives the place a really pleasant ambience. The staff were very friendly, helpful and patient with us as we made our choices. We chose to have tapas so we could experience different tastes and were not disappointed. Can't wait to try some of the mains in the near future.

Lusitano R, Owner at Lusitano Restaurant & Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hi GHM Shrewsbury

I am very happy you really enjoyed your time with us and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and recommendation.
I look forward to meeting you next time you visit to try other dishes.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was a 3 courses for 2 people Wowcher deal. Had never heard of this restaurant before but was impressed by the reviews I'd seen. Was shocked when I arrived to see that this is the same place Mezzaluna used to be.

The decor is lovely, it's all been redone and feels very Spanish / Mediterranean. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful as were all the staff (who would ask us regularly if everything was to our liking, very attentive).

The food is fantastic.

Starters - I had the chicken and chorizo skewers and my lady friend had the slow cooked lamb. Mine was lovely and cooked to perfection but I tried the lamb and it was out of this world, Melt in the mouth and full of flavour.

Mains - I had the sea bass with passion fruit sauce and pan fried bananas and my lady friend had chicken and chorizo skewers main. The presentation of my dish was immaculate, there was even a flower on the plate. Honestly looked like something from Masterchef. I never thought that fish and banana would work but somehow it does! It was great to try something a bit different. My lady friend was very happy with her chicken and chorizo main and also was impressed with the delicious balsamic reduction used to dress the salad.

Dessert - I had the creme brulee and my lady friend had the cookies and cream. The creme brulee was really good as was the cookies and cream (it was like a layered dessert, that reminded me of a cheesecake but without the cheese! It was very milky and creamy and cookie / biscuit balance was perfect.

I enjoyed this meal immensely and would have to say it's the best I've had in a long time and I will certainly be going back here. The drinks were also superb, we had a bottle of Portuguese sparkling wine which the waiter recommended to us (see the photo I've uploaded).

Hi PeteMakstar

I am very happy you really enjoyed your first experience at Lusitano and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and recommendation.

W e look forward to seeing you again soon
Very best Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great to have a new Portuguese restaurant in Chorlton. Really friendly welcome and great food, similar to but very different from Spanish tapas bars, of which there are a few in Chorlton. Nice to hear fado music as you eat. We had the early option where three tapas are around ten pounds before 7pm. Really excellent and tasty variety of meat, fish and vegetarian. Wonderful pasteis de nata to finish. Draft Sagres and good wine list. Well worth checking out. You will not be disappointed.

Hi Bluemoon52

we are very happy that you enjoyed your experience at Lusitano and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and recommendation.

we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

What a fabulous meal we have just had at Lusitania. We had a selection of hot & cold tapas, washed down with a beautifully crisp vinha verde, delicious. We loved the clams, lamb in red wine & beef with pickles. As regular visitors to Portugal we weren't disappointed. We'll worth a visit!

Hi FPL_Sale

thank you very much for your positive feedback and recommendation. we are very happy you enjoyed your visit to Lusitano Restaurants and we look forward to seeing you again soon.