“Customer Service”
Review of Citi Park Hotel

Citi Park Hotel
Ranked #102 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The hotel was alright over all, the employees were friendly and helpful. I received a high level of customer service from the employees, especially Mo who was very helpful with my multiple inquiry's and my overall stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 March 2013

A group of 7 girls including myself stayed here for one night for a friends birthday. Three of the four rooms stunk of cigarette smoke and I myself as an asthma sufferer did nit have a very good sleep. Upon complaining we were told there were no rooms we could move to and were given air freshener. The bathroom showers were not very clean, smeared glass and mould, bins were not emptied daily. The staff were friendly enough but not greatly helpful, of the four rooms we had, only one had a key, the others had to be locked with a master key when we went out and I did not feel very comfortable with this. The location is a 5 minute drive from the centre, the shopping was very good but would not recommend Manchester for night life!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank glitterbitz
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The title says it all really, and as I was on a budget few days away, this place did the job for me. But certainly won't be returning again.

Upon arrival, a very friendly porter who I think was the owner, greeted me and showed me up to my room. He noticed that there were no towels or toilet roll in the room, so dashed off to get me some and switched on the heater for me, his customer service was spot on to be fair and was a very nice guy.

On the face of it the room looked ok. Small, laminate flooring, TV mounted on the wall (in a very strange place mind) and wardrobe and drawers with ensuire bathroom. Great. Not so great was that the bathroom door wouldn't close as the bed was in the way! So there was a draught all night, but I've stayed in worse places.

The following morning my friend had booked another room and arrived at the property, paid for his room and we went off on our jollies, returned to the hotel only to be told that the staff had forgotten my friend had paid for his room and in fact had given it to someone else!!! Again staff were very apologetic and he arranged for a hotel up the road to put my friend up for the night and also arranged his transport to the new hotel. So in hindsight, they corrected their mistake the best they could, but the mistake itself is pretty unforgivable!! The room was booked 2 weeks prior to the trip and then also paid for on the day of the stay!!! Incredible.

Anyway, once he had gone to his new hotel, I entered my room to find my bed completely soaked due to a leak from the ceiling. I informed the staff who told me they had no other rooms available (which is why my friend had to be transported elsewhere) and apologised prefusely. So I ended up sleeping on the damp bedding as I really had no other choice.

Also the toilet and shower was filthy. I went 2 nights without showering for fear of what I might catch. The shower floor was filthy and I didn't really wish to inspect closely what the marks on the floor were....

If you're looking for a decent location (£8 taxi ride from manchester centre) and somewhere just to get your head down for a few nights for next to nothing, then here is your place.... If you're taking the wife away for a weekend and you bring her here you might aswell take your wedding ring to the pawn shop straight away, and go get your head checked!

The place reminded me of a drugs den/prostitute house to be brutally honest. it had that feel about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

i'll start with positives, the owners were friendly enough, the room was clean and warm and the tv worked. However, there was constant noise (possibly due to refurbishments) my boyfriend got an early shower when the ceiling leaked a lot in the bathroom, there were people banging on our door after 11pm to see if our room was free for them to sleep in. I know its not compulsory but tea making facilities would have been nice. Room service is advertised on various websites but no phone in the room, basically you go down and ask for something and they'll go to asda and get it for you! Didn't try the breakfast...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beki674
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Friendly and helpful owner. Hotel has been recently refurbished, single room was small with bunk beds. The bed was clean but the top of the set of drawers had not been wiped. There was no chair in the room and I was unable to sit up on the bottom bunk - so the room was ok to lie down in but not to sit and work/relax.The room was on the front of the hotel and the traffic disturbed my sleep as it is on a main road. The hotel was quiet at night inside. Breakfast is a help yourself affair - toaster and microwave. Cereals and porridge, choice of milk, white bread, margerine and a choice of jam. For me it served its purpose as I couldnt get in at a travelodge..

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013

There are a lot of negative reviews here but at the end of the day we paid on a Friday night £39 for 2 of us including breakfast - we have paid more to stop in a youth hostel. Ok it might be a bit grubby and we couldn't close the bathroom door but on the positive side the staff were extremely helpful and friendly - ringing taxis for people - you can help yourself to tea, coffee biscuits whenever you want and when we strolled down at 20 to 11 after a late night we were still welcome to make our breakfast (cereals/toast/drinks/porridge). The other guests were all friendly and seemed happy - a diverse crowd, an Italian lady, a young lad from Poland trying chorizo sausage and some of us who were working the Manchester beer festival. If you want squeaky clean don't stay here - pay more and go somewhere else or maybe you'll get lucky in the travelodge sale?

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janiceark
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I know it is true that ‘you get what you pay for’, but this place really does beggar belief! It is definitely the worst B&B I have stayed in and any positive review, as someone as previously said, must only be from a friend or family member. This is so wrong and very misleading.

The moment I arrive there was a couple in dispute with a member of staff over something they were unhappy about and the staff member was becoming quite aggressive with them. They left, refusing to stay the night there.

I was shown to my cold, single room which had a bunk bed, and a window that wouldn’t close, in January! I asked for another room and the TV wasn’t working, so I requested another change of room. This was very basic and had dirty pillows. The shared bathroom had several broken floor tiles, crunching away underfoot, and no soap! The breakfast was a ‘help yourself’ experience in a bare, cold and dirty room, with nobody in sight to communicate with.

How this hotel manages to pass any inspection, both in terms of safety and hygiene I just can’t imagine. It really should be closed down, and until then, avoided like the plague!!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business