“Mr D Flanagan”
Review of Citi Park Hotel

Citi Park Hotel
Ranked #102 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Room was excellent it was clean and tidy had a good night sleep , good if your going out into Manchester and for the money would defo stay again the staff was very friendly there's a pub across the road if you want a pint or watch the football aswell and that's a bonus ,over all I thought it was very good .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Me and my friends were looking for a cheap and cheerful hotel for a nights stay. Unfortunately this was not the case. The website stated that there was secure car parking located at the rear of the hotel which we found to be in no wear near satisfactory. It was an open area with smashed glass bottles and did not feel it was safe to park our car here. The standards of the hotel were low and we decided not to stay here, the conditions were disgusting. We left the hotel with an excuse that we would return later to check in so that we would not hurt the owners feelings. We returned to the so called hotel in the morning after a luxurious stay at a premier inn. We made an excuse of saying that we stayed at another hotel that a friend was staying at and that it was safer to stay there than walk back. When this was said the owner they replied "Oh well, f*** you". I have never been so offended. I won't be paying another £75 for such an abusive service. I will be contacting trading standards in due to course and submitting an appeal with paypal for my money back. Do not stay at this so call hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank DeclanHewitt
Reviewed 17 December 2013

WARNING DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!! if there was a zero , id have scored it zero.
We booked through Agoda and arrived as planned on Saturday night. I arrived to find a couple being shown to a room upstairs. Two seconds later they came charging down shouting it was a scam and a joke, the room had bunk beds in and no bathroom. When we were eventually seen there did not seem to be any rooms `booked` per say , rather the man on `reception` looked where he might be able to squash us in. We were then told there were no ensuite rooms and only a room with bunk beds -the same room it turns out that the previous couple had refused. I was told there was a bathroom very near to the room.
At this stage i would like to say that the whole of the building looked like it was a health and safety nightmare and the decoration appalling. I entered the room to find it worse than my 15 year olds bedroom. The bedding was old and appeared to have seen much better days and i question if it was clean? The window did not fit properly and the wind was whistling in , it was freezing. The blind at the window did not close and so you were on show to everyone passing on the busy road. No TV and no key. The bathroom was disgusting, though it was hard to confirm this as there was no light bulb working.
All in all this is a scam, i believe they use one room to show couples who then leave disgusted and enabling them to show to their next victim. We were not even provided with a key for the room as they were so confident we would not stay, which we didnt. This means that to my knowledge they booked that room out at least twice and as no one stayed this left them free to continue to book it out until someone was foolish enough to stay= profit for no service- absolutely appalling!!!

Room Tip: Do not book this
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vinnysom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A little un organised but for the price you cant grumble. There was 3 of us- girls and unfortunately I left 1 of my shoes there! When I was home (2 hours drive) I called the hotel and told them. Thry took my address and sent it promptly in the post at no cost to me so I was so happy. At the end of the day the staff were friendly and made us laugh!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Milllhouse
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Do not book this hotel. It is awful if you have a room and you are highly likely to not even get that. Routine overbooking seems common practice as indicated by the reviews here and by my experience when there were 9 of us without rooms in a booked-out city. We found the staff unwilling and unable to help with no apologies offered. You would be better off not sleeping at all than staying at this hotel, there really are no redeeming features.
If you do stay here and have a bad experience please do inform the local trading standards. They are aware of this hotel and will investigate further if they get more complaints.

3  Thank Bethan_Nowell
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Well , what can I say . My friend and I booked to stay one night, the city hotels were all booked up. You really need a sense of humour to stay here. For the price we paid I thought it would be a lot better. No key for our room, no remote for Tv , little heater in the room. Creaky doors . Thank god the bed sheets had been cleaned.
We had guys banging on a room door . The kitchen was a bit of a mess . No sign of breakfast, just made a cup of tea and off we went

Reviewed 9 December 2013

stayed DEC 2013, worst place we ever stayed in, please don't be fooled as we were. check out the GUEST photographs and NOT the management photos & you will see for yourself how disgusting this place really is.on arrival there were fag ends everywhere at the rear "picnic area", no toilet paper in the filthy toilet, the man at reception did 't seem to know what he was doing( i think he was actually on another planet).the rooms were better than expected but i doubt it if the sheets were clean? NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN , you have been warned

Room Tip: Keep clear