Stayed here for just one night of relaxation and sight seeing after a busy time / conference in the Lake District. I spent a long time on the internet weeks before trying to work out the best value / most comfortable / best located hotel for us to stop at in Manchester. I'm so glad I booked this hotel.
Firstly this hotel is only a five minute walk from Manchester Piccadily station - so easy to get to ( once you have worked out how to escape from the station ! ).
Arriving in the morning a long time before normal check in times we were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming reception team who had us checked in and allocated a room just a few minutes after arriving. We also agreed a good rate for breakfast ( not requested at the time of booking ).
The bedroom - on the 8th floor - was big, quiet, spolessly clean and most welcome. Large bathroom with decent size bath and a separate walk in shower. Two small negatives - and i do mean small.... the heated bathroom towel rail did not work and the toiletries supplied were rather small and not really enough for two adults to have for baths and showers.
After exploring some of Manchester we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. Perhaps a little expensive but excellent service and excellent food. Same with hotel bar - rather expensive drinks but great service and atmosphere.
Very soft bed ( partner loved but I didn't ) - but so quiet - didn't get disturbed by any noise all night long.
Fab breakfast - plenty to choose from.
We left our bags with the hotel after checkout so that we could further explore Manchester before our evening flight home. This hotel is so close to everything, bars / Bar Street / shops / trams / galleries......
The great service continued when we returned for our bags - everyone so friendly polite and good humoured.
So..... although a couple of small negatives, and a pricey restaurant, will we return ? Most definately yes. Our recommendation is to come to this hotel and stay. Based on our visit you will experience great service and have a good night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester