“visit”

Ranked #46 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Stafford, United Kingdom
“visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and I would just like to say it is a beautiful hotel with fantastic staff. The rooms and facilities are great. I am a vegetarian and there is also a great choice of food, breakfast the next day was also great. I would definitely stay here again. thank you to all the staff for a brilliant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Jade,

What a lovely review thank you. So pleased that our great team delivered on all of your expectations and of course we look forward to your return sometime soon.

The Macdonald Manchester Hotel and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The room was spacious but the storage was appalling. There were no drawers at all, not in the bedside table, the desk or the wardrobe.

The only shelves were in the wardrobe but were very difficult to access. The right hand side of the wardrobe had a trouser-press facing you and no shelves. If you opened the left and side you had a hanging area and the shelves were behind the trouser press and difficult to put things in or out and impossible to see what was on the shelves.

Apart from this our stay was fine and the staff were helpful. However when you are paying these pries I do not expect a £2.00 supplement for a kipper at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear btb,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments. Normally we get fantastic reviews for our rooms but you've highlighted an opportunity for us to further improve upon going forward.

I was pleased to see that generally the rest of your stay was to your satisfaction and we look forward to your return.

hartlepool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel is an ex BT building, it does look basic from outside but you will love inside. We had a lovely welcome from the lady on reception, we arrived early and our room was ready. WOW the rooms were lovely, so big and a massive bathroom, seperate shower, massive bath which fills very quickly. No wifi in the room that i could use wth my ipad. My friend and I booked to have our nails polished, again great welcome and service and only £20. Some really good special offers available for the Spa. The hotel was located 5 minute walk away from the Piccadily station. We had breakfast and the selecion was wonderful, we were greated at the desk and the waiter talked us through the selection and also said if we wanted anything else just ask and they would ask chef to do it.We had drinks in the bar, not cheap but compare to any hotel, only disappointment was that my cappucinno was cold, which i highlighted to staff and the £3.50 was not deducted from the bill. Other than that if you like good service, look no further

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Pools,

What a lovely review thank you and when next you are planning to visit please let me know in advance so we can get that Cappuccino just right for you. I have already spoken to the team about the need for them to deliver everything that we do to a standard both you and I expect.

Kind regards and we look forward to your return.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed overnight in a standard double room, when I booked the hotel, it stated that car park available and also swimming pool. Reception staff directed us to the car park. I felt like I was talking to the machine at reception. When I asked where was the swimming pool, it transpired that very common question was asked by customers and I was informed that there is no swimming pool but spa. As I was checking out I was told there was a charge of £17.50 for the car park. When I said this was not disclosed when I checked in and receptionist said it is visable on the gate and on the web page. Well in my opinion the hotel, was dated, furnitures, towels, carpets etc. I would not recommend any one because for the price I paid for the room you can get a better deal and service in Manchester.

Room Tip: for the price you pay, you would expect better standard
2 Thank kazliverp00l
Dear Kaz,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and I'm sorry if we disappointed you. To be fair with both items you've highlighted we do make guests aware prior to their arrival so that they don't presume we have something that we don't (a swimming pool) or promise car parking when on occasions it does fill via the numbers of guests travelling in by car.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed but can promise you that your feedback is registered and that on your next visit we'll do all that we can to make it extra special if you were kind enough to give us the opportunity.

York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Booked a night in Manchester before my partner went away for four months. Booked a superior double room which was lovely and couldn't fault the room. However upon returning to the hotel around 11pm, there was a private party on the first floor (which was fine as we were on the 8th floor) the problem was the teenagers running around drunk, vomiting in the reception and breaking the lifts. After complaining to the management about the situation we were offered complimentary breakfast, thank goodness we weren't paying for that as it was truly disgusting. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

2 Thank yshire-food-critic
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and I'm really sorry that the behaviour of other guests impacted negatively on your stay with us. I'm pleased that our team resolved the matter for you but really disappointed that our breakfast didn't delight you in the manner that it does normally. As you can see by our other reviews our breakfast offering is normally excellent so I'm not sure why we failed on this occasion as there doesn't seem to be any other similar reviews from around the time of your stay. That said I will remind the team that every service counts.

We'd be delighted to see you back here soon so that we can show you that we can deliver a memorable stay for all of our guests.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Hotel arranged a courtesy room to be available for when we arrived so we could get changed prior to our daughter's graduation. Our rooms were available when we arrived so we checked in straight away. Both rooms were on the higher floors with great views of the City. The beds were huge and very comfy. The bathroom was very clean with good quality towels and you can listen to your music or hear the television through the sound systems in the bathroom . There is a bose sound system, tea coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron, ironing board and mini bar.

The staff were excellent and arranged a card and a piped chocolate and strawberries plate in her room which was a nice gesture.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Mrs and Mrs Handley,

So pleased we added to such a memorable occasion for you and your daughter and congratulations to you all.

We look forward to seeing you back here soon in the near future.

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed overnight for an early meeting in Manchester. The bed was large and comfy, very stylish room overall. Liked that there were speakers from the TV in the bathroom. The room had a huge panoramic window (a shame I had to close the curtains much of the time or felt the people waiting from trains to the greater Manchester region would see me getting changed).
The location is a very short walk from Manchester Piccadilly.
I would definitely stay again if in the area. And maybe try the spa.
My only slight gripe would be the check-in staff seemed to have their welcome on high-speed autopilot which was a little impersonal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Ellie,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for all your kind words. Room for improvement also so please be assured that we will work on that to ensure every guests arrival is extra special.

We look forward to your return.