Had a very pleasant stay in a Classic Double which was a large well-appointed room . The whole place was spotless and well cared for, with none of the usual 'rough edges' one often finds in even top hotels. Bed was very comfy and very large.
Only two minor grumbles- the iPod dock doesn't charge, and the TV is on the small side for viewing in bed.We didn't sample the breakfast (£17.95) as Carluccio's in nearby Victoria Stn seemed a better bet(very good Eggs Benedict £8.25).
The hotel is well sited near the Mancunian Way for easy access by car (but note the £20 charge for overnight parking) yet within easy walking distance of the centre.In all a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester