Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
US$153
US$112
US$96
  • Free Internet
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$85
Orbitz.com
US$254
US$238
6,363 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parklovely hotelcity centremini barlovely roomexecutive roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightbathapolloslippersconcert
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here 28th November in an Executive room on Business. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. Then it all went downhill - the room was very spacious with minibar and leather chairs. But on arrival in the room, it was very dusty a good week of dirty dust (see other reviews stating the same) around the bed, desks and table light areas. I phoned reception and this was then cleaned properly. The tv in the Executive room (over £160 without breakfast) was smaller than what I had in the Lake District in a carvan! There was no HD, and the television was extremely small from the bed -you could hardly see it and had to move to a closer chair - so dont waste your money! A good view of Manchester from the room. I was working on a complicated document at night and decided for a break to use the bar. There was a large screen showing American football (to whom I have no idea - nobody was watching it), and CONSTANT Christmas music - everything from Slade to songs I would never want to hear again. I was there two hours and it never changed I dont mind the odd one or two nearer Christmas but ALL NIGHT CONSTANTLY on 28th November??, it was so distracting I went back to my room. There was no Xmas parties in so I have no idea why, I complained and they shrugged their shoulders and said its the time of year. I had a bottle of beer from the room minibar and the plastic opener would not open it in the fridge so I called room service - they said they never work and customers were always complaining and he opened it for me intead - again very polite staff
The following morning whilst having breakfast, the Christmas music was still on quite loud in the Breakfast room too!! My breakfast (nearly £20 with smoked salmon an extra £2.50) was removed and the table cleared within two minutes of me filling a glass with fruti juice - the waitress apologised and had to bring back new coffee etc. I spent at least 10 minutes looking for a newspaper in this 4 star hotel in the morning, At 845 am I could not find one anywhere neither could the staff. So no, I would not stay here again unless I was Father Christmas - I am afraid there are far better for the price in Manchester with the 4 star amenties that I expect and have received at many other similar hotels

Room Tip: Dont book Executive it is not worth the price!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Gary,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us it is appreciated and of course we shall look to learn and improve on what we do based on your observations.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

stayed here for 2 nights and two day conference in November 2013. Excellent throughout. We were all suprised by the size of the rooms and bathrooms were of an excellent size and quality. The whole hotel was spotless, and the staff were very friendly and always ready to help. From arranging through to billing no problems what so ever! highly recomend for a business event.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Naurin,

What a lovely review thank you. It goes without saying that we really appreciate your kind words and hope to look after you again when visiting be it business or pleasure.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

recently stayed here for three nights while visiting Manchester.

the hotel is a short walk from Piccadilly Station, and around 15/20 minutes walk to Manchester centre, or a short taxi ride away.

the rooms are large, comfortable and clean.

staff were all friendly and helpful, particularly the bar staff.

would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Emma,

Thanks so much for your kind review it is appreciated and so pleased that we managed to look after you to your complete satisfaction. You're right in that our location is excellent for all things Manchester and we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel as part of a hen party and stayed for the weekend. On check in we were told a price cheaper than what we were quoted. I queried this and had them confirm this was the definite price for both nights. On this confirmation we paid, 2 of us by cash and 1 by card. As it was a group booking I checked on all the other rooms, having to sort one who was being charged much less than everyone else as the receptionist (Neil I think) had made a mistake. I was told he was new and Maria (who was great) sorted everything out.

The hotel room was nice, nothing too special, and the included 3 course meal in the on site restaurant was brilliant to be fair. The following morning we had spa treatments which were brilliant also. However having used other hotel stay and spa packages I think it is a far better experience to have your robe and slippers in your room. The girls who did our treatments were excellent!

On the whole the stay was good, the problem came apparent after the stay when the girl who shared the room with the two of us who paid cash, was charged £30 more than quoted on to her card. This left her out of pocket. On investigation we found that they had undercharged the two of us who had paid cash and collected the outstanding balance from the girl paying by card. We spoke to the hotel, to accounts, and to Neil again who accepted that he had undercharged us on arrival.

The girl who had been overcharged had the receipt stating the price and the duration of the stay, 1st to the 3rd which I'm sure would mean 2 nights?! However despite sending this to the accounts department they argued that the price was for one night. We even had a phone call from Neil who admitted the mistake and even offered to call and debt collect from those of us who had underpaid.

I appreciate that we hadn't paid the full amount, however the hotel has not 'officially' accepted responsibility. Or even apologised for their mistake. They could have contacted us and informed us that we hadn't paid the right amount. It has put a bad taste in our mouth after an otherwise good weekend, giving us memories for the wrong reason. You can't tell someone you will collect one amount from the card, and then collect much more without informing them. They put her in a very poor financial position.

Not the service you'd expect from a 4star hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Loubie,

First of all thank you for your kind feedback with which it appears that apart from the experience with the charging of cards (discussed below) that you really enjoyed yourself.

As with the charging of a guests credit card within a party I'll be honest and say that this is the first time that I've read about a request to split a single room accommodation bill three ways and with it involving both Cash and Credit Card.

I'll investigate further to ensure everything is correct procedure wise but I think to be fair the team don't go out of their way to get bill payments wrong as I'm sure it was a genuine error.

In closing sincerely if you feel that our hotel hasn't apologised already then I'm sorry for that being your perception and I'd like to add a further apology for any inconvenience caused as well as this issue marring what sounded like a memorable occasion for you all.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Efficient staff at check-in. Great size room, very clean, great city views & free wifi. I Had a fantastic sleep, lovely comfy bed. I had a very early start the next morning so didn't stay for breakfast. The location is ideal, right next to Piccadilly train station. I would definitely stay here again and hopefully next time ill have more time to try the facilities. I would say though that the parking charge for overnight is a bit steep at £20 and I do begrudge paying that much but it wouldn't put me off staying again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jayne,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and for all of your kind words.

It goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon. Please let me know when so we can make your next stay just as special as this one.