“Great Spa and pleasing hotel”

Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
Ranked #52 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a very comfortable, tidy, modern equipment. The spa was very relaxing, just how it has to be and more! I enjoyed every time there. We had 3course meal for dinner. The staff was friendly and helpful, they gave us good experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Izabella,

Thanks so much for your very kind review and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed all that we did. As with our other feedback I hope that your journey home was enjoyed and that you will be back here soon.

The Macdonald Manchester Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,226)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a deal from a spa breaks website for this hotel. We paid £100 each and received a nights stay (in luxury room), a 30 min spa treatment, use of the facilities, a three course meal and breakfast.
The room was beautiful and very clean. All the staff were very helpful and so polite and friendly. The food was lovely, breakfast was amazing with lots of choice and the staff could not do enough for us. The spa is so relaxing and a lovely place to unwind, I even had the whole spa to myself on the Sunday morning. It's just a shame the view isn't nicer, there are lots of big windows looking out onto other buildings and main roads but that can't be helped really.

Amazing hotel, I definitely hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eighth floor are lovely. I will definitely look for a deal online through spa websites...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollie W
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Hollie,

Thanks so much for your kind review it is appreciated and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed all that we do and your spa break well well.

It goes without saying that we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for a week on business, after moving from another hotel the week before due to bad service and unpleasant rooms. I was very surprised by the size of the room and bathroom which made for a very comfortable stay. Staff were very attentive, especially Richard the restaurant manager who couldn't do enough for myself or my colleagues.
I'll be staying here again for more training courses in April and shall make sure this is my hotel of choice every time I visit Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2014
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Scharle,

So pleased that you really enjoyed your week with us and that you will be returning soon. I shall pass on your kind comments to Richard who I know is making a great impression on our guests and as like all of our stay is prepared always to go the extra mile.

Thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed one night to attend event in phones 4 u arena. Quick check in and what wonderful staff giving suggestions on restaurants and offering to call up for us fantastic! Stayed in executive suite wow!! Great view, large room, bathroom huge plus love the bathroom speakers. Location ok I know the city quite well but imagine bit out for first time visitors but the staff would be more than happy to help. Evening bar great, not bad priced. Breakfast plentiful and again great service. After staying in Macdonald Stratford upon Avon and being very let down this hotel has restored my faith!! Will stay here everytime I visit manchester!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Lauren,

Many thanks for your kind review it is appreciated and I'm so pleased that we look after you and that you enjoyed your concert.

Really pleased also that we have restored your faith in Macdonald Hotels.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked seven rooms over the weekend costing me over £800 in total. Firstly, there was a pubic hair on the bed, blood on the wall, stained carpets and the shower had seen better days. We had to be moved from one of ours rooms due to this, the staff did not seem too happy to do this but after all of these issues they had no choice. The staff were reluctant to offer anything for our inconvenience even though we had booked 7 rooms.
Please read the small print for the use of the Spa, it is not free to use at all times.
I have stayed here before and I have to say that it has gone downhill over the past couple of years.
Some of our friends were woken up at 7am by an alarm each morning.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of the room as soon as possible and ask for a room facing the front of the hot...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your kind review and thank you for your previous recommendations which I'm sure alongside our feedback generally shows a great hotel with a helpful team.

I don't have much information available about your stay presently and so these shortfalls so I've sent a message separately to understand a little more your concerns; if you'd be kind enough to reply I would appreciate it.

General MANAGER

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Room was superb and really big for a city centre hotel. Huge bed and has to be one of the comfiest, if not THE comfiest I have ever slept in. Good sized bathroom with separate bath and walk in shower.
Hotel bar is very nice and the staff are very attentive.
Secure parking at the rear of the hotel.
Would recommend this hotel. It is also not far from the Etihad stadium.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear MrsT1,

Thanks for your kind review and I'm so pleased that we managed to deliver a faultless stay for you. It goes without saying that we'd be delighted to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My first (and last) experience of this hotel was booked by my company. I checked in at around 2am after working a nightshift, was informed at reception that breakfast would be served until 11am. Upon trying to get breakfast at 1030 I was informed that breakfast was only served until 10. I was most annoyed that the only option available to me was to go to my room and order room service (hardly the most sociable start to the day). Later that day my colleague attempted to order a chicken wrap to be taken to work (12hr nightshift), she was informed that she would not be able to take it away incase she got food poisoning and sued the hotel. I find it bizarre that a hotel would rather somebody didn't eat than risk being sued!!!. If you are looking for a nice room, you will not be disappointed, the rooms and bathrooms are excellent. However if you are looking for service and customer care to match the room you should look elsewhere. I have asked my company to ensure that I am not booked into this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear David,

First of all many thanks for taking the time to review us it is appreciated and I have sent a message separately to understand your concerns a little more as ussually we get things just right in all that we do.

Kind regards and I hope that we can turn matters around for you.