Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
US$107
US$90
US$82
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Free Internet
US$262
US$245
6,362 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parklovely hotelcity centremini barlovely roomexecutive roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightbathapolloslippersconcert
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel at the weekend, staff were very nice and pleasant and room clean and tidy. The one thing I did find I very big let down is that they charge to use the spa £30 per person even if you are a guest. I have never stayed in any other 4 * hotel that has charged for the use of the facilities. What put me off even more is I was advised if I booked a treatment I could use spa free of charge, maybe if you let the guests use the spa free of charge they maybe more inclined to book a treatment or two.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Michellebrechin
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Michelle,

Many thanks for your kind review it is appreciated and I was really pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I agree entirely with your views with regard to opening the Spa facilities up to all of our guests as you feel that they may book treatments and we've tried this already and to be honest it had zero impact on creating extra bookings during the peak periods. From a Spa Guests perspective what they were asking for was to be able to use the facilities at their leisure as guests paying for those facilities and so at peak periods to allow this to occur we limit the numbers of guests utilising them. This only covers a small period of the week as otherwise all of our guests have access to the thermal suite and other communal spa facilities complimentary.

Please be assured however that we assess our services and delivery regularly to see if it represents what we want for all of our guests.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We arrived at the spa early and the staff allowed us to get changed into robes and relax in their tranquility room with a drink. We then had our treatments which were lovely and relaxing, when we went through to check in the reception staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful they were first class! We went to our room which amazed us because of how big it was!! And I have never seen a shower as big in my life! The bed was extremely comfy and there was everything you needed. Dinner in the restaurant upstairs was lovely, the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you, even topped my drink up as they passed the table. We had three courses and they were all delicious. In the morning breakfast was 7-12 which was surprising, we checked out and the reception staff held on to our bags while we ate, there was a massive selection of food for breakfast and certain things made to order, I particularly like the little pots of yoghurt and granola!! Again the staff were really friendly and helpful, I don't understand bad reviews about this hotel as there is nothing I didn't like! Would definitely stay here again and again!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rohitstacylou
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Rohitstacylou,

Thank you for your kind review it is appreciated and amplifies all that the team strive to achieve for each and every guest.

I can't add much more as you've included everything save to say that we look forward to your return some time soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As a treat my husband and I choose to stay at this hotel for one night only. We booked a double executive room with breakfast. We spent the day shopping in Manchester and came back here to relax. We had tea in the Scottish Steak Club - fish and chips and beef skewers; absolutely mouth watering! Then we spent the evening chilling in our room. The bed was amazing, unbelievably comfortable, we slept for 10 hours. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Would recommend to our friends and family. Only thing we struggled with was finding the parking but we rang reception who guided us there with no problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Sara,

What a lovely review thank you as it highlights so well all that our great team set out to do for each and every guest each and every stay.

We're relaunching our new menu in the Scottish Steak Club this Thurs which will be great fun but thank you so much for letting others know about one of Manchester's very best restaurants.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to your return sometime soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I chose to stay at the Macdonald hotel as it appeared to be (in pictures) quite fancy, and worth paying a little more for the experience, even though it was on the very edge of the city centre.

However I have to say there are a lot more hotels closer to the city centre which are on par if not better and a lot cheaper (in my experience).

The room was nice and clean, bed very comfy, and a lovely double shower. It was very quiet, and we did have a great nights sleep. We were on the 8th floor and were told we would have a 'view'.......the view was of some horrible looking buildings and the ring road...oh and the top of the arndale centre...so no not much of a view. The room had all the things you would expect, safe, mini bar, tea coffee, however no hot chocolate! Which we would have liked.

They wanted to charge £20 for breakfast which is ridiculous...we thought £10 at The Midland was a joke. So we ordered toast and jam in bed and weren't charged as far as I can tell, bonus!
They have a private car park at the back of the hotel which was handy and not a bad price, think it was £20 for 24 hrs....cheaper than the NCPs!!!

The location isn't great, its a fair walk to the city centre.

We did have high expectations, and found it to be very average. Won't be staying here again purely based on the fact that there are hotels that are better, cheaper, and closer to the centre!

Room Tip: Ask for a view...even though there isn't one lol
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BL7109

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and for your kind comments. I'm scratching my head however as I can't understand your comments about breakfast as you can easily pre-book as there is a difference in pricing. Of course at any price our breakfast offering is considered to be the very best of its type in the UK and I encourage you to make the most of it next time. Well done on the tea and toast as it identifies well with our policy for our team to go the extra mile for our guests.

Really pleased that in terms of our offering generally everything was as you would expect it and that even our car parking was competitively priced. Something I do mention regularly so thank you for highlighting this.

I know Manchester as an industrial powerhouse does have a particular type of scenery and it'll take a couple of hundred years to alter it (if it needs changing at all as it is what this great city is all about). That's what guests are coming to Cottonopolis for: A great place to visit with lots of interesting architecture, fantastic nightlife, great shopping, bars, hotels and restaurants. Indeed a vibrant major city with entertainment, facilities and events to match any expectation.

I can see by your other reviews that you've been more disappointed than successful with your choice of stays and restaurants and so I wish you more luck in the future with an assurance that if ever you decide to come back we'd be delighted to have you with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Over the last few years I have stayed in the is hotel many times-its usually a great place to stay when in Manchester, close to Piccadilly but the last few stays I have found it starting to wane. There is usually a long line to check in/out and service in the bar is very slow although the staff are very nice-it always seems a bit short staffed. The last time I stayed I was on the first floor and it was very noisy so the guy that checked me in gave me a really nice room on the 5th floor away from the street-great nights sleep. It also seems to have increased its price I think my stay was almost £300 two nights no breakfast and because I booked through hotels.com wasn't able to collect Club points (in house loyalty scheme) overall clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PoppyP1
GenManManchester, General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Poppy,

First of all thank you for your continued loyalty for our hotel and spa it is appreciated. I'm sorry if you've been disappointed lately as that is not our aim which I know you intimate within your review and I can only say thank you for that also.

Hotel and Resort Company loyalty schemes by design tend to require the guest to book direct with them which as you may know with Macdonald Hotels and Resorts offers the best possible rate at that time and as you would expect we do have a record of your time with us previously which we always view as a positive so that we can both look after you and any special requests from previous stays as well as offering special rates and services that other guests using the third party option cannot access.

Please when next you are planning to stay with us simply make contact with myself so that I can personally look after your needs and ensure that your stay on that occasion exceeds your expectations.

Many thanks once again for your continued use of our Hotel and Brand and I hope that this situation continues for a very long time a scenario that I will personally give it my best effort to make reality.