Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa
US$121
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$176
US$127
Travelocity
6,335 results
All reviewsthermal suitepiccadilly stationcar parklovely hotelcity centremini barlovely roomexecutive roomreception staffstayed here for one nightcomfy bedsaturday nightbathapolloslippersconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Well located hotel next to Piccadilly railway station. Warm and informative reception at check in and room was ready despite being mid morning. Nice big room with great city view. Comfortable bed and very good bathroom. Breakfast was reasonably good and the staff very attentive. Would definitely stay here again if visiting Manchester. Free wifi and five minute walk to shops and restaurants. The station had free buses also.

Room Tip: City view high floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager ., General Manager at Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Smartknot,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and for all your kind words they are appreciated.

Upon return our ambition will be to exceed your expectations on that occasion rather than simply matching them.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is the first time i have stayed at this hotel and found it to be a very nice stay. i stayed here with my girlfriend as a midweek get away in manchester the room was lovely, nice big bed and modern bathroom, we ate in the restaurant which served a spot on steak which i am very critical of as it is my favourite meal at home or ordering at a restaurant.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear J,

Thank you for what is a very kind review and of course we look forward to your return sometime soon.

All the very best

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked last minute, as I had to come down on business, and having never been to Manchester before, chose to stay in a Macdonald hotel as usually they're really good.

Upon arrival at the front desk for check-in, I felt the service was a little rushed, there was no mention of wi-fi or when or where breakfast was served. However it was busy so this is just a minor complaint. For the most part the staff seemed friendly enough.

The room was clean, and well presented, and the view out of the window was great. The hotel itself is really well located right beside the train station and also for getting into town. There were a few small issues in the room like the curtain was off the rail at one end, and the shower handle was broken. Nothing major, but just these small details that make a place.

My most serious complaint is that on the Friday night, during the night I was awoken by a sharp pain in my hand. When I switched on the light I discovered I had a shard of glass in my hand, and my hand was bleeding. I didn't need medical attention, but I had to pick the glass out, and waking up with glass in your hand is a fairly unpleasant experience! I got quite a fright so took forever to get back to sleep and then didn't have the best of sleeps afterwards. Also upon examining the bed in case of more glass, I also found half a sewing needle!! Really not acceptable. I complained at reception in the morning, and also took down the glass and needle to show the duty manager. She was very apologetic and arranged for a bottle of wine to be sent to the room by way of an apology. However this never arrived which again just showed the lack of attention to detail.

The first morning when we ate breakfast, we arrived in the dining room, were offered toast, and I ordered one of the dishes from the menu. I am coeliac, and therefore the buffet breakfast isn't really suitable due to cross contamination so I was quite happy to pay the supplement for ordering. Breakfast arrived and was really nice and also gluten free which was good.
However, on the Sunday morning, we arrived in the dining room, no toast was offered and when I tried to order off of the menu I was told that it was not the waitress' job to take orders as it was a buffet breakfast and I needed to go and speak to the chef myself. I was a bit surprised at this, and explained about the previous morning, However, she repeated what she had said, and my partner went off to the chef. The chef then told him that it was the waitress who should be placing the order. He explained what had already been said, so that was fine. However, we then realised that the chef wouldn't know where we were sitting, so my partner went back to the chef, who was a bit snappy with him, and then my partner had to stand and wait while it was cooked and then had to bring over the breakfast himself!

We again spoke to the duty manager at reception. We told her about the breakfast and also about not receiving any wine, and she was apologetic, but I felt that because we had already paid the bill, that she wasn't really that interested. She did waive the supplementary charge of £2.95 for the breakfast but in light of all the issues we encountered, I felt it was a bit of a token gesture.

Seems from reading other reviews, we've been pretty unfortunate with our experience, however I definitely would not go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Katie B

Dear Katie,

I'm so sorry that a number of issues during your stay managed to deliver a less than acceptable time with us. If ever you are planning to come to Manchester again please let me know personally so that we can make that stay memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We usually stay here whenever we're in Manchester and have never regretted it, happy to say that it was more of the same on our recent visit, the consistency and friendliness of the staff is what brings us back, the size of the rooms and the great steaks in the restaurant help though ;) thanks to everyone for another great stay

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank travelfan186225

Dear Travelfan,

Can I thank you for your constant praise and consistently positive feedback it makes all the difference to our team and their approach to our guests.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Enjoyed a two day break. Room very large and well appointed. Breakfast was excellent with the bacon cooked to wife's liking! Had a back massage in the spa in a 'couples' room. Overall a good hotel with good facilities - just a bit out of the centre - this was not a problem though..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and great team it is appreciated and so pleased that all of our amenities were to your satisfaction.