We stayed at the MacDonald for one night with friends. The rooms were very spacious, well-appointed and spotlessly clean. The location by Piccadilly Staton is excellent, and the room only price via Booking.com was really good. If you book breakfast at the hotel before 10pm the night before you can get it for £10, which is a fair price as the breakfast is ok, but not fantastic, at peak times the wait for tables and the service is quite slow. We used the thermal spa which was very nice, but a little small, and had no pool, pluunge pool or jacuzzi - which would have made it that bit better.
Overall though good value for money and we'd return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa, set in the heart of Cottonopolis, is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, road or foot, our eyecatching expanse dominates the skyline all the way from Piccadilly Station to the Mancunian Way allowing quick and easy access to and from all the major motorways. The team at our hotel in Manchester is driven to deliver an outstanding guest experience and has a reputation for its service standards and food quality. As the 2013 winner of "The best sleep in the city" award (Manchester Evening News), it combines 338 beautiful bedrooms with state of the art conferencing, an indulgent urban spa and first class bar and live theatre restaurant experience in our Scottish Steak Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Macdonald Hotel Manchester