“Fantastic place, deserves to be a success”
Review of Splendid Kitchen - CLOSED

Splendid Kitchen
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Splendid Kitchen serves a very British take on the best of American cooking. From 1kg ham joints and burgers, through fried chicken and ribs there's something to suit all tastes. Our fried chicken is marinated in buttermilk for 24 hours before being fried in our signature secret crumb and our beef burgers are hand made in house. We take influence from both sides of the Atlantic to create something we like to call "Northern Soul Food"
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I took my best friend here for some birthday food and cocktails and will definitely be returning.
We took advantage of 2 cocktails for £10, I had the hard pink lemonade served in jam jar and it was delicious and even has glitter in it (always a winner!!!)
I then puffed out and had The King which had bacon and banana on top and was yummy and the eggs Benedict fries which were to die for. My mate went for The Spanish sausage and was equally impressed. Sausages were £8 and fries a fiver but you got a LOT for your money. Veggie options are also available.
Ace place and will be back soon :)

1  Thank Helen M
Mike E, Owner at Splendid Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you very much for your visit and review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are real foodies and regularly eat out in Manchester. We decided to give this new restaurant a try as we had seen some online reviews and it sounded really innovative.
All I can say is - great decision!
We went as a family of 4 with 2 teenagers (and my daughter took her 6 student friends back the following week as she thought it was fab and great value).
I had the King - a brilliant combination of very odd items that I would never have put together and it was absolutely delicious and the side orders were so creative too.
We all had cocktails which we loved in the trendy jam jars and they certainly didn't skimp on the contents.
One of the best things was the staff- they explained the menu to us/ were really attentive and made some great food suggestions.
Manchester really needed a place like this - there are too many burger joints and cool restaurants but no one is serving creative, delicious sausages served with fab sides and amazing drinks too (I believe all the sausages are locally sourced - I love a restaurant that takes time to bother about provenance).
Thumbs up from our family and it will be a bit more Splendid Sausage and a bit less Grinch and Bar and Grill for us in future!

Thanks for the review and thanks to your daughter for the return visit. We're glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I chose the eggs benedict which I had not had. I was not sure of holldaise sauce but the waiter kindly let me try some before committing myself. The food was excellent with fries and bacon included. For a two course meal, plus cold drink plus coffee at £13.50 I thought it was very reasonable for the price. As one reviewer has said, a can of coke costing £2 is a bit steep but overall it was excellent and recommended. the only response was that when you went into the gents there was a step going into the actual toilet. The entrance to the gents was very tight and if you have a disability you are not going to be aware of the hazard. There is no sign to indicate that there is a step and you could find yourself hurtling into the loo itself. Note to management to correct this.

Thanks for the review Ian, we're glad you enjoyed the meal and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visited yesterday (Sunday 1st June) and indulged in their Sunday roast hotdog which was a fully stacked hot dog with all the Sunday roast trimmings, including 3 Yorkshire puddings! The quality of the food was amazing and worth the value. You'll never find hotdogs like this, amazing. Also try the milkshakes they're amazing, I had a kid sized fluffer nutter and it's all I've thought about! Brilliant place, well worth a visit!

Thank you for the visit and review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What I really enjoyed was the Imaginative menu, loads of different sausages with varying toppings. Excellent flavour combinations. Also really enjoyed the chilli fries (which were almost a meal on their own). Food is lovely and the staff are friendly. This is just what Manchester needed..something different. The milkshake was slightly disappointing, could have been thicker but then again I'm a milkshake fundi and very critical. Can't get a decent shake in the UK (other than Ed's Diner).
Dessert was another winner...again very imaginative (in keeping with the overall menu). I had the Strawberry lemonade cupcake which was very different to anything I've had before and very yummy too. Could easily have eaten another.

Location is perfect and I'm looking forward to returning again for lunch!

1  Thank Spotman555

Thanks for the visit and review we look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully dazzling you with a milkshake this time