“What a brilliant addition to the didsbury scene”
Review of Chalk Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Chalk Bar & Grill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I ate at chalk with a group of friends on the evening of Friday 16th May. I'd been avidly following the progress of the new hot-spot to hit the didsbury scene, I even walked past on Wednesday to have a peek during the launch night. I liked what I saw from the outside, and thought it was unusual to have high bar tables and stools on the outside area instead of café chairs and tables but I now realise look would never suit the superior decor inside, and it allows the ambience to flow rather than being inside and/or outside.
The menu has a comprehensive selection of meals from grill dishes including garlic and herb chicken, obligatory steak and the 'chalk and cheese' burger featuring pulled pork. When I saw the size of this I was amazed. Between my friends and I we ordered a selection of the dishes and enjoyed every morsel especially the chicken liver parfait and the cripsy belly pork.
Service was on point, it was attentive but still relaxed, as in we didn't feel bothered by our waitress but were kept up to date with the status of our order. To say that it was fully booked in chalk and very busy with drinkers as well we were impressed. We also really enjoyed the live musician who was playing. Overall, we really enjoyed our evening. The food and drink was lush and the ambience was spot on. I'm pretty sure we will become regulars, and we look forward to motown monday!

3  Thank Weebleme

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Waited 10 minutes for our drinks and 35 minutes for a cold £20 steak. My fellow diner had ordered fish and chips which turned out to be goujons..at £14.00 you would have expected a decent piece of fish. Nice decor but I won't be rushing back.