“delightful staff and delicious dinner.”
Review of Saigon Lotus - CLOSED

Saigon Lotus
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Saigon Lotus is a Vietnamese family run business which has been inspired by our passion for providing a fresh and healthy cuisine, while preserving the beauty of our cultural background. Saigon Lotus strives to bring the finest selection of Vietnamese street food to the heart of Manchester city. Saigon Lotus provides a nostalgic experience of home-made food for Vietnamese people abroad and an elegant introduction to its flavoursome taste to everyone in a warm, welcoming and authentic atmosphere.
“delightful staff and delicious dinner.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've been to saigon Lotus a few times now and there are still things I'm very keen to try on the menu; chosing one of the delicious mains is so hard. The spring rolls are amazing and the curry dishes superb. Probably the most friendly restaurant staff in Manchester. I think they should relocated to Chorlton to be closer to home; they would be full every night here. Excellent value for money

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Craig A

Littleborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here this evening the food and service were excellent, I would highly recommend. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes.

1 Thank NatJRx
“Fantastic, very flavoursome!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Well with the walk from the city centre, very friendly with overall helpful good service. The food is lovely, full of flavour & with the absence of cloying sauces, the food has a clean honest flavour. Vietnamese is my food & this place helps to keep it so!

1 Thank Fernier
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have tried several dishes over our three visits here, all of which were fresh, tasty and very authentic vietnamese. The manager and waiting staff are have always been welcoming, accommodating and demonstrate high customer service. Always a pleasurable dining experience here, definitely worth trying.

1 Thank juk2728
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Little Saigon in heart of Manchester”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We went to Manchester after a last minute change of plans and were looking for some where different to eat and I turned on my mobile phone Tripadvisor App. It turned out there was a restaurant ranked No.5 in Manchester by the Tripadvisor community only 500 meters from where we were staying.

It was around 6.45pm, Tuesday evening 24th June 2014. I had originally booked for 4 people but one already had pizza, so there were only 3 of us.

The restaurant had a small dining area with about 6/7 tables. There were already 3 tables occupied when we entered. We had to wait a few minutes before the lady saw us, as she was helping inside the kitchen at the back of the restaurant.

I ordered the Beef brisket and white noodle soup as my main dish. This was not the usual way I have it-‘Chinese style’. The Beef brisket was in ‘wafer-thin’ slices like pieces of ham for a sandwich. Not like the big chunky pieces of beef and the ‘fat’ that I enjoy. However, the soup was very tasty and fragrant with lots of coriander. We also ordered some Vietnamese Spring Rolls, which again was different to the ones from a Chinese establishment. I know this is an authentic Vietnamese Restaurant and it was good to try the different ways that this popular starter is made. The difference in this roll was how ‘light’ the filling was compared to the meat that is ‘packed’ into Chinese imitation ones. The fragrant dip for the roll was just right. My son and wife both ordered the salt & pepper soft shell crab dish, each. When this arrived, there were 3 crabs in each dish. They only expected 2 at the most and commented on the excellent value and taste of the crabs. My wife also ordered a dish of ‘Morning Glory’ vegetables and this was full of flavour as well.

Overall, we agreed that it was a very good meal and the taste of the 3 different branded bottles of Vietnamese beer truly gave an authentic feel of Saigon for the night. The service was polite and friendly.

1 Thank J K