“Excellent!”

Ziya Asian Grill
Ranked #15 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian, Street Food
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our beautiful restaurant shines a new light on authentic Indian cuisine bringing an exciting combination of amazing flavours and colourful presentation to satisfy every taste.
Hampshire
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff members were absolutely great and the food was cooked to a very high standard. A bespoke experience was provided and through e-mail communications, they were able to hide the price menu for my friend's birthday thankfully! And offered us a complimentary glass of wine.

Visited June 2014

Manchester, Connecticut
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wasn't too excited about going here due to it being on the curry mile but was pleasant surprised. The food was delicious, probably the best curry I've had in Manchester. Will definitely be going back

• Visited June 2014
“Lush food, fantastic atmosphere”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Just been to Ziya tonight. I have to say folks get down there and experience the best Indian ever. The food was gorgeous, with a huge variety to suit all tastes and the service was second to none.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Manchester”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited Ziya Asian Grill at the weekend with a few mates and we were blown away by the quality and standard of the food and service. The food was top quality and the best Indian I have had in Manchester. Highly recommend the Duck which was delicious. The service was also extremely professional and what you would expect from an establishment of this quality.

We regularly visit rusholm and this will be the only place I will go from now on as there is so much more I want to taste from the menu. I also have to mention how beautiful the interior is and is what you would expect to find in a top London restaurant .

Thank you for the amazing food and service and I will be back again very soon.

Manchester
“Bringing a little class to the Curry Mile!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I've been watching Ziya slowly being constructed (in what was previously an awful looking building) over the course of several months on my way to and from work. When I finally discovered it was to be another restaurant on an already full-to-bursting Curry Mile, I felt certain that it had to be something worth the wait - the work that had gone into the initial build couldn't have been all for a bog-standard curry house. I'm pleased to say I was right!

I'd been pouring over the menu online, and suggested it for our date night venue. We took a chance and didn't book a table, though we needed have worried - it was incredibly quiet for 8pm on a Saturday night.

As soon as we entered we knew the service was going to be a cut above. Our server took plenty of time to explain the restaurant's ethos, and gave us ample time to select our drinks from the menu. The cocktail menu wouldn't look out of place at an upmarket city centre bar, and although the prices are at the upper end (£7.95 for cocktails) they're certainly worth the splurge. I opted for the Kumquat Sour, which was presented beautifully, while my husband stuck to Cobra draught.

When it came to ordering our food, our server (I think his name was Antoine?) came through yet again. He obviously knew the menu inside out, and had plenty of suggestions to suit our tastes. I started with the Hyderabadi Prawns, and my Husband ordered the Garlic Chicken Bites. The dishes arrived promptly, prepared in a pristine kitchen that we could see directly into from our table. While the starters appeared on the small side, they were ample for us and cooked beautifully. The prawns were huge, meaty and delicately spiced.

For our mains we ordered the Chicken Chettinad (my Husband) and the Seabass Moilee. We started to order two separate portions of rice, but were assured that one would be more than enough - and they weren't wrong! The mains were decent sized portions, my Husband's dish would probably have been enough for both of us. The Seabass was so fresh, and the flavours suited the dish perfectly. The spice was subtle, but just right for the delicate fish. We also ordered a side of garlic naan, which was perfect - not dripping in grease, not too heavy. I ordered a large glass of the Bulletin Zinfandel while I ate my main, which was just lovely.

Our plates were cleared promptly after every course, and we were offered dessert menus after our mains - but I don't think I could have managed one! Our server maintained the same attentive and pleasant demeanour throughout out visit, which was so refreshing for the Curry Mile.

I really hope that this restaurant does well in Rusholme - it's obviously been created with great attention to detail, and they're certainly passionate about their venture. It's just a bit quiet at the minute, and I think it's a damned shame because Ziya are certainly offering something more the usual fare in Rusholme!

Just wonderful.