“This place is a must.”

Ranked #13 of 2,343 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our beautiful restaurant shines a new light on authentic Indian cuisine bringing an exciting combination of amazing flavours and colourful presentation to satisfy every taste.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went last night with 5 friends. One of my friends had heard about it and really wanted to try it out. We were not disappointed. Very welcoming as we arrived and then shown to our table upstairs.
Ziya is not just about food. The decor is warm and very beautiful.
We all had a starter and then shared 5 mains. I had the mini lamb kebabs -- great presentation as well as taste. For the mains, we had a selection of meat and veggie dishes. There were no complaints. The lemon rice was light and fluffy.
Ron, who is the owner, took us on a little tour upstairs to see the lounge/private dining area. This would be a really great place for a small party. He told us all about where some of the fixtures had come from and its quite obvious that a lot of planning went into making this restaurant so lovely.
Yes I will visit again :)

1  Thank Scotty118

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited Ziya for the first time this Saturday night, the staff were lovely, friendly and attentive but not bothersome. My starter and main were delicious - really gorgeous. Almost ordered the wrong sort of thing but our waiter talked me through the differences and I was so pleased with my meal; lamb so beautifully done it melted in my mouth, my husband's choice of a fish curry was equally successful. His curry was full of flavour and the fish sympathetically treated so you could still taste the fish. The portions are deceptively large.

The ambience is airy, friendly, contemporary and stylish.

Before the end of our meal we were already planning to bring friends.... Cocktails - really lovely and some interesting choices as well. (Our bill was a bit pricey at the end but that is my fault as I went a bit cocktail-mocktail-happy).

Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a pleasant surprise this place is. The decor, service & quality of the food are in a different league from most Indian / Pakistani restaurants in Manchester.
The salmon tikka was especially good as was the lamb korma - not your standard korma but a special dish with lamb on the bone as served at weddings - really delicious.
Our waiter Kiram was superb & the head chef visited our table to explain their cuisine to us.
You need to be prepared to pay much more than standard Rusholme prices for the food but the experience offered is a big cut above everything else there.
We paid £30 a head for starters / mains / desserts / non- alcoholic drinks & a well-deserved tip.
A great unique addition to Rusholme & the curry mile which deserves to succeed.
I hope the high price of the food doesn't put too many regular curry milers off.

1  Thank saj a
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Once again, a fabulous meal at Ziya Restaurant. Tried the Peshwari Lamb Chops which are marinated for 36hrs, accompanied by their beautiful sultana rice! Lamb was so tender and the rice was nice and sweet!

Will be back again - Service is always exceptional!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Wow, ate here with my Husband the other night. Wonderful staff, beautiful décor and the most amazing Indian food! Will definitely be back!