“Excellent location”

and 1 more site!
The Edge Manchester
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I booked this apartment as a special treat for my daughter and her partner. They were very excited at the prospect of staying in a luxury apartment. When they first arrived they were met by an extremely rude man who was very unhelpful. He certainly would not let them in the complex or even speak to them in a civil way. They were unable to get into the apartments and had to phone me to look for telephone numbers to help them. If it had not been for the helpful team at booking.com I dread to think what would have happened. Once in the apartment it was lovely but not terribly clean. Signs all over said please leave apartment as you find it but it would have been nice if the people before my daughter had adhered to this. My daughter has said she would stay again but surely something must be done about the booking in procedures.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Edge Manchester

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I booked this apartment for my daughter and her fiance as they were going to a concert at the MEN. The whole booking system is very 'cloak and dagger' - I booked through late rooms as I normally do but what followed would have been funny if it wasn't so irritating. I can't count on one hand the number of phone calls and emails it took to work out how to pick up the keys and where to park - all very odd. Quite honestly I wish I'd just booked them into a normal hotel. They did say that the apartment was fine and within walking distance of the MEN but the booking experience was just too much effort for my liking!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I booked this apartment based on the write up on their website. Booking for 4 adults i expected at least 1 seperate bedroom but was supprised they sqeeze you into one room with a bed and a sofa bed. Should have read the small print. The room was not very clean, the sofa and dining chairs had stains on them and the curtain rail was hanging off. We couldn't use the balcony because the door was broken. The bathroom was grubby with mould between the mosaic tiles and numerous tiles missing. I was expecting a lot lot more for the price. Very poor standard compaired to other places we have stayed.

Room Tip: Look elswhere.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank YorkshirePudS26
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night and booked through Hoseasons. When we arrived, we tried to get into the building but there was one of the rudest men ever sat in Reception who would not speak to us and he even slammed the intercom down on us and he certainly wasn't letting us in the building!! He shouted at us to ring the agents we booked with, so we did. Apparently it should have said on our confirmation that we were to ring Jim 24 hours before we were going but this was missing from our confirmation.

We arrived around 6:30pm and rang Hoseasons who took 20 mins to get through to Jim. He took another 20 mins to get to the apartment to help us (Michael McIntyre was on at the MEN so it took longer than normal - that's where we were going and were getting concious of time) but when he arrived he was lovely. He showed us to our allocate parking space in the secure car park and then showed us to our apartment almost an hour later.

Once inside the apartment, it was very nice. The room is only small and but very well equipped. The bed was quite small but the bedding was nice. The kitchen was well equipped and there was tea, coffee, sugar and Nespresso pods (nice touch!) There is a good sized balcony as well, just a shame it wasn't warm enough to sit out!!

The only thing we feel needs attention is the bathroom. The photo/s previous guests have uploaded of the bathroom are correct, the tiles in the shower are missing, as they are around the sink and are not only unsightly but dirty as well. If this was attended too, I'd give the apartment 5 out of 5.

Location wise, it's perfect. Just off Deansgate and a 5 min walk to the MEN Arena. We've stayed in a couple of apartments in Manchester and this was our favourite. I'd really recommend people to stay here.

Just re-tile the bathroom and ask the man on the front desk to get some manners and it'd be perfect (all the other staff were nice)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pinklady1410
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed for one night as I'm getting bored of hotels. I really liked my stay here. The apartment was well appointed and we furnished. The appliances are great the the location is exceptional.
I would reccomend aparthotels as a great alternative to hotels.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 16 October 2012

If it wasn't for how nice Jim was, and the way he goes out of his way to be helpful we would have refused to stay. The apartment is so shabby, tiles missing in the bathroom. My daughter came home with a terrible rash from the bedding. Really not worth the money, wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carole C
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We booked through Travel Republic (although you can book direct) and stayed for 3 nights. All the arrangements about collecting the keys were made clear in advance, and we had no problem checking in early. Our apartment was a little shabby, a few tiles missing in the bathroom, bulbs out, but nothing major, and it was spotlessly clean. Located just off Deansgate with secure parking, what more could you want? We would certainly go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends