“try the duck stuffed with prawn meat”
Review of Great Wall

Great Wall
Ranked #476 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“try the duck stuffed with prawn meat”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant serves my favourite Chinese meal, duck stuffed with prawn meat and mushroom sauce. Although I've been to most of the restaurants in Manchester's China Town I now find it difficult to go any were else. I've always had excellent service, the staff are very friendly and happy to help and if there is every anything wrong they will make sure that is rectified. I highly recommend this restaurant for value for money and good food.

1 Thank Thr0b

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value lunch!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Visited with my husband as we spotted the £5 lunch deal thingy outside. There were already some people in the restaurant when we went in which was a good sign. The mains selection is pretty large, which was good and it had my fave - dry fried rice stick with beef - so I already had my main selected for me! As part of the starter list you could have either soup or a soft drink, so we had the latter and ordered some dim sum to share as starters instead. The spring onion pancake was fab - freshly fried, crisp and piping hot - very tasty! We also had panfried pork and veg dumplings which we OK, I have had better. My dry fried flat noodles with beef was excellent, a hearty portion. My husband had ordered a chicken dish with fried rice, but they brought beef instead and he decided to just have it, that was OK. The portion of fried rice was huge! There are quite a few places in Chinatown with good value lunch deals and for the general quality of the food and the affordable price, Great Wall is very much recommended!!

Stockport
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Eight of us ate here last night and seeing as my sister looked on TripAdvisor to help choose a restaurant from amongst the numerous on offer in Manchester's China Town, it seems only fair that I take the time to write a review too. The restaurant is below street level, is quite small and would be really easy to walk past without realising it's there, however it is well worth a visit. There were several Chinese families dining there which is always an encouraging sign. We opted for a whole crispy duck with pancakes and 2 combined starters between the 8 of us and there was plenty to go round. We all chose individual mains as the teenagers in the group didn't want to do any of the numerous set meals for 2,4 or 5 on offer. I had my usual failsafe sweet and sour chicken with sticky rice and it was one of the nicest I've ever had a and I've had a lot! Other dishes included crispy beef, crispy pork and king prawn with Chinese mushroom and all were good. My only criticism is that the rice portions were stingy in relation to the meals. Drinks were reasonably priced:-£3.30 for a reasonable tasting glass of white wine and we found the staff to be pleasant, efficient and helpful. Our total bill for 8 of us came to £175 including service charge. Instead of wandering aimlessly through the streets of Manchester looking for somewhere to eat, in future I would head here as I really enjoyed our meal

England
“Well, that was a shock”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We took a trip to Manchester for the Magic Weekend Rugby League event. We were stumbling around for a meal on the Friday and entered the Chinatown area of Manchester.

These places tend to be much of a much-ness with standard fayre, but we were hungry and of the choices in the street, we liked the name.

A good menu but we plumped for one of the Banquet meals. The cost was very reasonable but what blew my mind was the quality and variety of the food. We started with a broth of exceptional quality and quantity, followed by the obligatory duck and pancakes. However, it was inter twined with a range of superb dim sum.

The service was prompt and pleasant and the beer was not a rip off.

Loved it.

Take a visit if you are in the vicinity

Adlington, Lancashire
“Unexpected find”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My partner and I ate here last night , we were in Manchester to attend a concert and had no idea where we would eat but whilst wandering around we came across China Town and then the Great Wall. We were walking past and stopped to look at the menu for the restaurant next door when I looked down and could see people dining in the downstairs restaurant. It looked so clean and the food was nice to look at so we decided to go down. As it was still early there was not a lot of people in , we were warmly greeted and seated straight away and our drinks order taken the lady in charge gave my partner advice on the chinese beer as he had never tried any before. We had decided to have a banquet for 2 but as it was before 5 we opted for the 4 course early diner banquet at £10.50 which included a choice of soup then either dim sum or crispy duck followed by a wide choice of main courses with either boiled or fried rice and finished off with tea or coffee or ice cream. All the food was excellent quality and the service was 2nd to none. Next time we are in Manchester we will definitely visit Great Wall again