“My favourite restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The food is always excellent, the service friendly but efficient and they do a fantastic lunch deal of soup, main course with rice and either ice cream or tea/coffee all for £5! I never take visitors to Manchester's China Town anywhere else.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I were looking for somewhere nice whilst waiting for our kids who were at a One Direction concert. We headed for the Chinese area and picked The Great wall. The welcome was friendly and the food was lovely. We were not rushed and the food came to the table when we were ready even though people were waiting at the door. I look forward to dining here agian.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“try the duck stuffed with prawn meat”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant serves my favourite Chinese meal, duck stuffed with prawn meat and mushroom sauce. Although I've been to most of the restaurants in Manchester's China Town I now find it difficult to go any were else. I've always had excellent service, the staff are very friendly and happy to help and if there is every anything wrong they will make sure that is rectified. I highly recommend this restaurant for value for money and good food.

1 Thank Thr0b
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great value lunch!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Visited with my husband as we spotted the £5 lunch deal thingy outside. There were already some people in the restaurant when we went in which was a good sign. The mains selection is pretty large, which was good and it had my fave - dry fried rice stick with beef - so I already had my main selected for me! As part of the starter list you could have either soup or a soft drink, so we had the latter and ordered some dim sum to share as starters instead. The spring onion pancake was fab - freshly fried, crisp and piping hot - very tasty! We also had panfried pork and veg dumplings which we OK, I have had better. My dry fried flat noodles with beef was excellent, a hearty portion. My husband had ordered a chicken dish with fried rice, but they brought beef instead and he decided to just have it, that was OK. The portion of fried rice was huge! There are quite a few places in Chinatown with good value lunch deals and for the general quality of the food and the affordable price, Great Wall is very much recommended!!

Stockport
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Eight of us ate here last night and seeing as my sister looked on TripAdvisor to help choose a restaurant from amongst the numerous on offer in Manchester's China Town, it seems only fair that I take the time to write a review too. The restaurant is below street level, is quite small and would be really easy to walk past without realising it's there, however it is well worth a visit. There were several Chinese families dining there which is always an encouraging sign. We opted for a whole crispy duck with pancakes and 2 combined starters between the 8 of us and there was plenty to go round. We all chose individual mains as the teenagers in the group didn't want to do any of the numerous set meals for 2,4 or 5 on offer. I had my usual failsafe sweet and sour chicken with sticky rice and it was one of the nicest I've ever had a and I've had a lot! Other dishes included crispy beef, crispy pork and king prawn with Chinese mushroom and all were good. My only criticism is that the rice portions were stingy in relation to the meals. Drinks were reasonably priced:-£3.30 for a reasonable tasting glass of white wine and we found the staff to be pleasant, efficient and helpful. Our total bill for 8 of us came to £175 including service charge. Instead of wandering aimlessly through the streets of Manchester looking for somewhere to eat, in future I would head here as I really enjoyed our meal