“Tasty Treats & Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Great Wall
Ranked #389 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty Treats & Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lovely staff, and tasty food!
If there a few of you, get the mixed starters.
I recommend the lettuce chicken wraps, they are delish.....If you haven't tried them before, please do!
We shared 4 mains, the flambé dishes are delish...But they forgot the flame :)
2 rice's are enough and the salt & chilli chips are great!
4 people, mixed starters, 4 main dishes sides & 2 beers each £25 a head all in, total bargain.

• Visited August 2014

brighton
“Below par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff were efficient and fast but I wouldn't say friendly. I could hear them bickering about my drink. The food came out fast. We got the set menu which you did get more than enough food. The seaweed was stale, the satay beef was bland, the sweet and sour pork extremely fatty. The special fried rice was nice. The mixed veg nice and fresh. All the dishes (except the rice) were very glutinous and gluppie. I could not recommend this restaurant.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“gloopy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I really don't understand how this place has so many excellent reviews. The place is itself looks OK, all the staff were very nice and helpful however the food left a lot to be desired. It was all very gloopy, the pork was extremely fatty and the food was not particularly tasty. It filled a hungry tummy but that is all, I would not go back

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The best by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've been eating in china town for numerous years at various restaurants you name it I've been there,but after all this time I've found the best and only by chance!.I have passed the Great Wall restaurant on many occasions but never like the look from the outside but after reading great review on TA I though I'd give it a go,went on Friday night with son the pace wasn't busy ordered starters dim sum and prawn toast (lovely).For main I had sweet sour pork and son had duck dish,the food was excellent!,but so was the level of service I've never had service like it in a Chinese restaurant staff happy and courteous nothing was to much trouble.If you don't believe me try it yourself.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

If i am ever in Manchester and fancy a Chinese my first choice is always the Great Wall.

My family and i have been going here for years - it's family friendly and kid friendly - we did have to carry a push chair down the stairs but the staff there are more than happy to rush outside to help us!

The food is always amazing. I was apprehensive about trying traditional Chinese food but the manager recommended we try their fresh home made boiled and pan fried dumplings and now we have to order them every time!

Of course we can always go to our local take away round the corner but for authentic good quality Chinese food it has to be Great Wall. The cost is reasonable so makes a night out or date night affordable.

Definitely worth trying!