“Long wait..cold food..reheated fries......disappointed!!”
Review of Kro Bar

Kro Bar
Ranked #910 of 2,343 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Called in for something to eat before going to The Academy...bad move!
It was very quiet...6pm on a Sat night..we ordered ribs, beef sandwich, and falafel burger..waited around 40 minutes. When it arrived the chips were cold..the ribs were luke warm as was the beef sandwich and the falafel burger was stone call in the middle. The chips were returned and had been thrown back in the fryer to warm them up, when they arrived back they were so greasy they were inedible. We left most of the meal, the waiter was apologetic and refunded the falafel burger and chips. Before leaving, went to the ladies .... no soap and no paper towels !! Never again!!

1  Thank doublethefun64

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I first came here about a year ago for eggs benedict and was impressed, sadly my view has changed. I have been more recently disappointed at food which could easily be improved and the terrible service. One member of staff is particularly surly and gives the impression that you are just an inconvenience. Last time I visited, my fish open sandwich was nice enough and reasonably priced but felt low in quality and lack lustre. I had not visited in a long time since I had had a dreadful breakfast there; my eggs benedict which I had once praised so highly was late, tiny and cold with over cooked eggs and thick ham which was more suited to being served with chips and veg. Our accompanying coffee was very unpleasant. It's not awful, but "meh" sums it up; it's a lovely building and has a good crowd and it's perfectly nice for a drink (although they are pricey) but I'd avoid the food as there are better value options out there.

1  Thank Kirsty-Louise_10
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had been to the Museum and called in for a pint and some lunch. They had a selection of 4 or 5 real ales and the Sunday lunch of roast pork, crackling and all the trimmings was well cooked, tasty and filling, and very reasonably priced. I've had a lot worse and paid almost twice as much!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It was buzzing with people, so made for a good atmosphere: I had a coffee and cake whilst Hubs had a beer: not too expensive and enjoyable. Comfy sofas and clean toilets :)

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Met my daughter here having been for drinks there before. Two drinks, nothing special very nice but cost exactly £10. Ouch. Simply wonderful location probably drives the price and the food looked ok but have a word about those prices. Too dear sorry, will not be drinking Weiss bier at £5.20 a pint again. Not when I can get a bottle in Lidl for less than £2.50.