“Lovely food”

Little Yang Sing
Ranked #328 of 2,243 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

I went here last night with work and there were 11 of us visiting Manchester for a training course. We decided to eat here as the prices were good. The food was lovely and the prices not bad either! The service was great and we all said how good it was.

Visited August 2014

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“superb !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Going for food in any China Town can be very hit and miss...but this is a HIT ! Nice inside, friendly staff and the food is very very good. Piping hot and tasted great. Even the ice cream at the end was good. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank PoultonDiner
Chester, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The second time in a few weeks I've eaten here - and maybe I have fallen out with it a bit.First time was average - the review fell off TA as it was allocated to the wrong venue,it may return ?
This time Dim Sum and starters were outstanding,staff good and atmosphere ok.
Main courses arrived and were only just warm - we told staff - they were taken away and clearly just microwaved - hot in the middle on return and cold on the edges - poor.My pork had now dried out and re heating prawns ?
My wife took our little boy to the ladies and somebody had been sick some time before and it was all over the loo's - whole rest room area dirty too! Always sets alarm bells ringing.
We were given the mains off the bill as they were still cold and inedible - but only after a debate - siting a busy day as an excuse for our experience just does not cut the mustard.
Oh - and the bottle of white wine for 20 odd quid was warm too.
Really disappointing and will try somewhere else in Chinatown next time.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tornado43
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Your usual Chinese but a very good one.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Impromptu drop in on a Thursday early evening in Manchester's Chinatown district. Restaurant was quite full and had a pleasant atmosphere. Greeted warmly by staff and seated.Ambience nothing special but the place was clean relatively spacious. Menu very comprehensive so most tastes are covered. Food for both my wife and I was as good as we have had in a mainstream chinese restaurant for some time, very tasty and well presented, waiter even advised us that we were in danger of ordering too much which was a very necessary intervention as portion sizes are a little larger than we have come to expect from an Asian eatery. All in all the Little Yang Sing was a good night out (food-wise) and I would not hesitate to visit again. Nice and clean, friendly staff, and good quality food at standard city centre prices.
The down side - Drinks not cheap, and bottled beers only. My advice would to be mindful of your drinks bill as this could affect your overall cost significantly particularly if you are part of a large group.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank terry s
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The interior decor is nice but the music is some kind of panpipe melody which gets incredibly irritating after 20 minutes of much of a muchness. We chose the 3 course banquet for 10.50 each which we thought was brilliant value. This included soup, a starter and a main. The amount of choice for vegetarians on the menu is very impressive and they had a full vegetarian banquet menu. The soup and starter were lovely but I didn't like my vegetable in black bean sauce main course. It was very filling too, we were stuffed! Quickly picked up on the fact that they make their money from vastly overcharging for drinks.
What really let this place down was it's service. The staff, management especially were condescendig and cold and we weren't made to feel welcome. Other waiting staff stood awkwardly very close to the table with ther arms folded, bored. We refused to pay the compulsory service charge. I almost always tip in restaurants and my tip reflects the quality of the service. I thought a compulsory 6 pounds was cheeky and undeserving, especially since our meals and drinks only came to 40 quid. Saw the waiter complain to his manager and point at us as we were leaving. Staff need lessons in customer service in my opinion.