“Really nice chinese food, fair price nice surroundings”

Ocean Treasure Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #565 of 2,329 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Really nice authentic chinese food, the staff was great and fairly priced iv been to this restaurant a good few times never had a bad meal well worth a visit. Theres also free entertainment friday evenings

There are newer reviews for Ocean Treasure Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This restaurant is a cut above the normal "Chinglish" food we are used to and the surroundings are authentic too. Having travelled extensively in the Far East I feel I can speak with some authority. I was with some Chinese friends who did all the ordering and some of the dishes may not be to everybody's taste - but I found them all enjoyable, ranging from a 3 roast meat dish, a Chinese veg cooked in ginger and garlic, coated oysters, pork in a sort of sweet sauce with sesame seed etc. There was also complimentary puds and orange segments. Service was fast although one of the dishes arrived later than the others, but that did not matter as we were all sharing.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This has to be the worse chinese restaurant I have been to. Service is poor at best and if you complain about the food their response is it's the same everywhere else. That makes it alright then. Don't even think of going if you have a wheelchair as they don't seem to like that as it's to inconvenient. You can find the same rubbish food elsewhere but at least they serve it with a smile

2  Thank malaygae
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went to this restaurant last night in a part of 5 to celebrate my mothers birthday. This was our first time eating here. The place was extremely full which was a good sign.

The food was ok, I've had better but I've had worse. Price wise again it was a little above average.

The worst part of the evening was the service. There was no friendly feel to it at all. We had several different servers attend over the course of the meal and after we had finished our main course we were just left there. We got no hot towels and no one asked us if we would like desserts. This was despite several other tables around us receiving this service even though they finished after us. We gave them about 15 minutes to come to us after finishing our mains which gave us time to finish our drinks but no one came so we just asked for the bill and left.

My wife did give feedback about the disappointing service to the manager but I don't think he was bothered. You get the impression that he has many other customers so he won't be bothered about the unhappy ones!

All in all it was ok food but I would highly doubt that we will ever return as there are much more pleasant Chinese restaurants offering equal if not better food in and around the Manchester area.

3  Thank alanw17
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having eaten regularly at this restaurant quite a few years ago when it first opened we decided to try a takeaway. The cost was quite expensive (£35 for two appetisers, two soups and two main courses, plus rice) compared to our local restaurant, which is fine if the quality of the food deserves a higher cost. In this case it fell well short of expectations.The restaurant was quite busy when we called to collect the order and in fairness the portion sizes were very generous, but the soup was thin and watery, both the spring rolls and prawn toast were very greasy and the main courses were quite bland and again the rice tasted was oily and all the dishes left a heavy residue of grease on the plates. Having only ever eaten in the restaurant previously, I am not sure whether this is down to the type of food not being an ideal medium for takeaway, or if the standard has just declined since the last time we visited the restaurant. It was certainly not worth travelling that bit further and we shall definitely stick with our local restaurant in future. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Vicki G