“Used to like this place....”
Review of Pacific

Pacific
Ranked #1,046 of 2,398 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Eaten at this restaurant for the last few years but recently it has not been such a happy experience. Service is really slow and food was cold. Waiters and Waitresses seem rushed off their feet. Asked for a coffee and it took 15 mins! Also took them the bill10 mins to bring the bill, I went to give it to the waiter only to be told pay at reception on way out! Think I will have to try elsewhere. Shame because it has always had such a good reputation, and they don't have the Thai buffet anymore.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Most Cantonese restaurants serve anglicised versions of the real thing, but most of the dishes here are similar to those I have eaten in China. The service is good and the quality excellent. You can tell how good it is by the number of Chinese people who eat here.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Not been to Pacific for 12 months. We were welcomed on arrival and had no problems with service. Our waitress was very attentive. Food was very nice, only issues were the tofu in the sweet and sour tasted slightly odd, and the 'Szechuan' Quorn isn't very spicy.

But after 12 months, one of the toilets still isn't working. The taps don't work properly, and the electrical socket for the hand dryer was hanging out of the wall - I had to tell my son not to use it in case he got electrocuted. Why can't they get such basics right?

Based on that I can't recommend to anybody else.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I took my Mother and a friend, we had one course each with drinks. The bill came with what I assumed to be discretionary 10% service charge of £4.80. As we were short of change we left about £3.50. The lady that took the money was extremely rude about it, she seemed to be a senior member of staff. And I thought we were in a recession. It's hardly high class dining in there.

2  Thank jez961
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Service is poor, the atmosphere was tense with staff feeling and looking too busy to serve you. The lobster I ordered though was delicious and so was the extra dim sums ordered. For value for money, it's fine. Slightly concerned though that an offer for one free drink per person was disputed by the cashier, even though I had checked its validity when I rang to book.