“Simple but nice”
Review of Velvet

Velvet
Reserve with OpenTable
Velvet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went here last night 8/8/2014 it has a lot of charm and the serving staff are friendly and pleased to wait on you.
Food nice well presented and hot, we also had a bottle of very nice wine.
The only thing I would say that I was unhappy with were the table positions I felt like the people next to me and above me were part of my table!!! my friend and I were talking about some serious things and the people next door stopped talking and started listening to our conversation... cannot fault the food or service well done.

There are newer reviews for Velvet

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Gay, straight, or somewhere in between, velvet makes a great place for an evening out! Ive been here so many times and the food has always been lovely. The atmosphere is lively and the staff are very charming and attentive. Once you've finished your meal you can go upstairs to the bar, which is just as lovely! The plush velvet material and sexy vibe of the bar gives a sophisticated edge and makes a cosy place to continue or start your night. The menu changes, but I was always fond of the crab linguine and chicken wrapped in palmer ham with cheese. A great night out, a must to visit in Canal street!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stopped at velvet for a quick drink and bite to eat one day midweek.
The street was quite busy as it was a warm evening but we managed to get a table outside easily.

We ordered chicken burgers, which were served with wedges and side salad. Very filling but the burgers were quite tasteless with no seasoning.

For the money was a little disappointed to be honest as have eaten in the restaurant before and the food was faultless.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great food and fantastic atmosphere !
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff...a very pleasant experience.
The team work hard to please their guests and they are a credit to their business.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

After a shopping trip with friends in Manchester, we decided To have lunch at velvet. It was actually a sunny day so we chose to sit outside. We hadn't been there too long and a member of staff came over and took our order. Very friendly and helpful. I ordered the steak baguette with sweet potato chips. Delicious and seasoned perfectly. Will visit again soon.