“Rude staff and interesting television!!”

The Mayfield Wine Bar
Ranked #1,870 of 2,505 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Just visited this place. Ordered a pizza and told pizza oven was out of order. Not a problem these things happen. I mentioned it might be an idea to remove the blackboard advertising pizza though. Was told there wasn't one! Pointless argument, photo attached of the blackboard!! Perhaps I can't read? Then a bit of a chore / sigh to poor a Guinness. One customer said don't worry the barmaid's having a bad day. We all have bad days but don't pass them on to the people ultimately paying their wages. Went for an all day breakfast instead and stared in disbelief at the Jeremy Kyle programme being shown. You might want to check the TV listing at 7th Feb 1405 hrs. Watched a man have surgery on his very swollen scrotum. Not what I wanted to watch when tucking in to a sausage! The rude issue seems to be a theme of this place on Trip Advisor (should have checked reviews first) and please have a bit of thought to what you put on your screens!

1  Thank John L

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Called in here with a group of 9 others in a return visit back to Sheffield. The drinks were over priced for poor quality drinks. I asked for a vodka and Pepsi, when I tried the drink it was very clear that it was not Pepsi. I challenged this back I was told it was Coca Cola. I do not drink this as I personally do not like the taste. After stating that I did not want that and that I asked for Pepsi and this should have not been sold as Pepsi, the bar assistant then became very rude about it and was refusing to change it. A simple stance of that I was not going to pay for a product that they have miss sold and they are breaking the law miss selling products, reluctantly he took the drink back and changed for something else. I also had some sahara nuts which are the most expensive I have paid anywhere, and as they had not got any tubs they had to find something to serve them in, which ended up being a small plastic up. Is this really the standard of the place. One of the group ordered the food and wished he hadn't. The food was slow to arrive and when arrived was not cooked right and had to be sent back, but this was a challenge in itself as when the waitress was informed about this, she asked could you just not have it. So she was actually asking for uncooked meat to be consumed. This place paints a bad reflection of the area to anyone who could call here when visiting the area and there are other places that you could get something better to eat and drink.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Staff are rude. Would never say please or thanks you. Very abrupt and no pleasant. I would avoid at all costs. Shameful and the fact it is in the train station if someone was to arrive in Manchester and have a first drink or bite to eat there that would be he impression they would get.

1  Thank Darrenm79
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Rubbish over priced food which was cold, Slow to bring out orders No excuse as there wasn't many in. Ignorant rude female staff. Drinks WAY overpriced. Could have got better service, food & prices down below in Burger King.

1  Thank Jan26757
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I visited here for a pint of Guinness before catching a train home, and its okay. Reasonably priced, I got served okay and I got a seat. Worth a visit before catching a train if you want a pint!