“you would probably get better service in prison”

The Mayfield Wine Bar
Ranked #1,835 of 2,468 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 9 May 2016

advertised a breakfast for £3.99 and charged me £8,99 for a big breakfast ,big if you are antman,meal plonked down and the "waitress " /barperson then went off to talk to a man who had brought his dog in for some water -surely not allowed dogs where food is being served ? staff need a course in customer service and the chef needs to learn how to cook -dont bother eating here or the over priced drinks unless you have very deep pockets or a thirsty dog.

1  Thank paulspuppets

Reviewed 7 May 2016

terrible, misleading menus, lots of optional extras?! wine unavailable, alternative which was offered was £5 more, but wasnt indicated. food was disgusting, lemon slices to go with fish were brought to table in waiters hand and plonked on the table, no plate. nachos very small portion, optional extra of chilli, which was paid for did not arrive, sweet potato chips were overcooked. following our complaint food was refunded begrudgingly. toilet facilities were disgusting, filthy

1  Thank alisonp5528
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I went here a few months ago and had an awful experience. I ordered a jacket potato with chilli, which when it arrived had chunks of gristle and hard kidney beans in it. When I complained and asked for a refund the Team Leader said she wasn't giving me a refund because I'd eaten more than half of the meal! This was untrue and even if it were, I was within my rights to request a refund. I asked about the customer always being right but she said 'well if I gave a refund to every customer I wouldn't make any money'! I guess this means they get a lot of complaints. She was aggressive and made me feel very uncomfortable and I had no choice but to leave. I contacted the manager the next day and he apologised and did organise a refund.

I think because the pub is in a train station they feel they don't have to try and produce decent food or have good customer service because a lot of people are just passing through. This is unfortunate as I am a commuter and am always on the lookout for a good place to eat. They have missed out on a regular customer.

1  Thank Viv B
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Came here for a quick drink and bite to eat before my train back home. Ordered a burger, food came prompt and tasted great. Would definitely return

Reviewed 18 April 2016

One of the most awful experiences for food, customer service and cleanliness.

Four breakfasts ordered and when they arrived it looked like a 5 year old had attempted to be chef that day. Worst thing was that we had no forks, plenty of knives and ONE children's sized fork between four of us. Asked the waitress/barmaid numerous times and she just shrugged and said "what do you want me to do about it?" Good job she doesn't work for me as she wouldn't have a job now.

Had to find the manager after 15 minutes of trying to scoop baked beans up with no fork very unsuccessfully. She apologised and eventually we could finish the now cold food.

Other tables sending food back, no tables were cleared of empty glasses, just an all round shambles of a place.

1  Thank Louise B