“Busy, popular Rusholme restaurant ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sanam Sweet House & Restaurant
Ranked #1,459 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani, Balti
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Rusholme
UK
“Busy, popular Rusholme restaurant ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We had a meal at Sanam (without a booking) on a very busy Saturday night. We had a short wait before being seated in the upstairs section. The restaurant was packed, noisy and very popular with South Asian customers. For starters, we ordered Lamb Chops, which were very tasty and well grilled. For mains, we went with a Mixed Sizzler Grill (with Chips), Chicken Makani & Palak Paneer. Drinks were Pistachio Lassi and Mango Lassi.

The food was good and extremely filling. There was a good atmosphere and the service was fine. The prices seemed reasonable with the total bill being around £35. The interior decor was contemporary and comfortable.

2 Thank moomin_papa

uk
“good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a meal here one very wet and windy February night. Pleasant staff, and nice and warm. starters of fish and panner pakoras were excellent, followed by a palack gohst for me and chicken mekhani for my wife, both very good. My wife drank a virgin mohito with here meal, I enjoyed a couple of glasses of sweet lassi. We shared a platter of the Indian sweets, they were really good.
Keen prices too, £45 inc tip. Will be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mrgrumpyUk
Dundee
“Well worth the visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was advised to go here by the hotel manager at the Holiday Inn and I can say I wasn't disappointed,I knew it was going to be good by the amount of asians eating in it,it was a buffet set up,but what a buffet,plenty of choices from a salad starter to tandoori and curries,all of the ones I tasted were excellent and well worth the money (£9.95)it was that good I went back the following night,and I got 10% off,superb,so go and try it,you'll not be sorry.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank frankandviv
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all stop whinging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant on stoclport road was a little busy seated immediately had buffet paid oh ordered some takeaway sweets. Never had a problem. Oh snd the paya are great. Thanks. My car got blocked by "the boss" n it took ten minutes and a few polite request which let it down a tad

3 Thank AMCONW
“NOT AGAIN EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Had to wait 35 mins for our food to arrive...but when it did arrived half of the food was cold...when I complained to manager he replied" its very busy today" like it was my fault....to summarise I will never go to sanam ever again...food is way too expensive as well...with very bad service..

• Visited December 2013