“Best Shish Kebabs around and best Curry house on the Famous curry mile!”
Review of Lal Haweli Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rusholme
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Best Shish Kebabs around and best Curry house on the Famous curry mile!”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We used to come here almost every week when we lived only 15 minutes away, now we are in Wales we only get chance a few times a year but still really crave a visit here, we have eaten or visited every curry house/Indian Restaurant in Rusholme on the very famous curry mile and that's a lot of curries! and this was our most visited of them all, by far the best shish kebabs, very big and chunky come served on a pipping hot sizzler and are really meaty and very tasty, well spicy and served with fresh onions and side salad just they way we like them - Amazing ! a real must try for all who like a really decent Shish Kebab, curries are all great too, very tasty, different from most their own unique style and it works very well, love the rice here too and the breads, not like most nans but a pleasant change, service is excellent, we could ring them when we were on our way and they would have our Kebabs made fresh to order ready to serve when we arrived, which was really great when we were pressed for time during the day.
They have plenty of set meal deals and will always oblige to change to your requirements which is great.
Truly is a great curry house and well worth a visit, recommend the chicken tikka masala also the pilau rice and Madras curries but most of all the Kebabs !
Huge place seats hundreds but can still get busy at weekends.
Many thanks for many a great meal and pleasant friendly service, will be back soon!

1 Thank RAMSEY71

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent, good value curry”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

The look that this restaurant goes for is shiny and modern, and although I feel they've missed the mark somewhat (it actually just feels a bit cold and uncomfortable), I can't fault the service and, particularly, the food. I had chicken bhuna, pilau rice, garlic naan and a wonderful kharai dhal, which was a real highlight. For two of us (including a few drinks, the bill came to £35, which is very good value for such well-prepared and delicious food. Recommended.

1 Thank Waltz2
Valencia, Spain
“Curry Mile's Best - The Very Best - By Miles”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I've been coming to this restaurant for ten years - why ? Because every time I go to another curry house I am reminded of the excellent service, great food and warm welcome I get at Lal Haweli

Just let Mr Ali, the Floor Manager know that bruce sent you and you will get a great welcome - guaranteed !

1 Thank BruceHunter
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Lal Haweli is my standard for judging a really good curry. It is a must stop for me when visiting Manchester.”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Unknown
“yum!”
Reviewed 17 September 2009

one of my favourites, great curries but veggie portion size a bit small! naans are fab!

1 Thank 050810a