“Ok”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: It's not often you find the perfect neighbourhood restaurant with a stylish dining room, stellar food and friendly service ��� but Rhubarb in West Disbury, Manchester, ticks all of the boxes. With quaint window boxes, mulberry coloured feature walls and walnut chairs, the dining room is light and airy, decorated with graphic floral canvases and filled with fashionable locals and Mancurian regulars who keep coming back for the cosy ambience and convivial atmosphere. The hearty international menu at Rhubarb includes favourites such as the Porcini mushroom risotto dressed with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese; the slow-cooked lamb shank served with pumpkin and cheese mash and root vegetables; and the skate wing cooked with capers, lemon and herbs with fried potatoes.
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

There was very little atmosphere except for the music coming from the kitchen. Wine was ok. A little over priced. Food was tasty though and good value on the deal. Had to get them to check the bill as it was incorrect. Friendly service. In honesty I wouldn't go back by choice.

There are newer reviews for Rhubarb Restaurant

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I hadn't been to Rhubarb for a couple of years and had booked for myself and two girlfriends for the fixed price meal last night. After booking i read some of the recent reviews and arrived with trepidation. Happily i can report the staff would helpful,pleasant very attentive without being over the top. There was a decent selection of drinks and the food was absolutely delicious with a very good choice and generous portions. Whilst maybe the decoration is old now compared to some of the more recently opened establishments on Burton Road(lets face it the turn over in restaurants is high here) It was clean and tidy and certainly did not look messy. I would definately go again thanks Rhubard for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I went to Rhubarb and I expected so much more. The place lacks atmosphere and needs to be redecorated; it is shabby. I went to the bathroom and was shocked, no toilet paper, the hand dryer was not working and there were no hand towels to dry my hands. The bathroom was not clean and the owners should be ashamed. I complained to the waitress and her response was not helpful although I did notice at the end of the evening that a big roll of toilet tissue had been placed on the sink. Rhubarb needs to get the basics right; I was really worried about health and safety with this bathroom and it made me wonder what is the kitchen like?
The staff were overall pleasant and one particular staff member was very nice.
I was pleasantly suprised by the food and my starter was excellent.
I would love a comment from the owners as this place could be a real gem.
I would never recommend this place and I will never go back unless there is an overall improvement.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

I have wanted to go here for some time and now my brother has moved to Didsbury and I was visiting him, this seemed the ideal opportunity. The place itself is ok - but no more - and there is not really much atmosphere and certainly none generated by the staff who are functional rather than interested. As others have said, the card machine wasn't working (obviously a long fixing job) and, having been given the menus, we were asked what we wanted within about 2-3 minutes - odd, I thought. The food was ok rather than memorable, the main course iamb being the best. The wine my brother chose (and he knows a thing or two) was poor. Dining out is an expensive experience so value for money is reasonably expected; I wouldn't return here, especially with so much else on offer in Didsbury. A tired, lack-lustre and disappointing experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went to this restaurant last night. I wanted to go to a good local restaurant as my mother was visiting and wanted to take the family out. What a disaster! As soon as we walked through the door I knew we had made a mistake. The restaurant is shabby - the bar area looked a mess, they had one bottle of cider and the cash machine was not working. The food was average, but no attention to detail and the service sloppy. There are far better restaurants in this area and would never go back to this one again.

1  Thank judy h