“Great food and lovely service!”
Review of Rhubarb Restaurant - CLOSED

Rhubarb Restaurant
Price range: US$67 - US$67
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: It's not often you find the perfect neighbourhood restaurant with a stylish dining room, stellar food and friendly service ��� but Rhubarb in West Disbury, Manchester, ticks all of the boxes. With quaint window boxes, mulberry coloured feature walls and walnut chairs, the dining room is light and airy, decorated with graphic floral canvases and filled with fashionable locals and Mancurian regulars who keep coming back for the cosy ambience and convivial atmosphere. The hearty international menu at Rhubarb includes favourites such as the Porcini mushroom risotto dressed with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese; the slow-cooked lamb shank served with pumpkin and cheese mash and root vegetables; and the skate wing cooked with capers, lemon and herbs with fried potatoes.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have been to Rhubarb a number of times in the past 11 years, the last time was with my best friend in the summer when we ate an early evening meal on the terrace which was lovely and we weren't disappointed on Tuesday night! Which was lucky as it was my birthday and I took some of my family. Good choice of food and really a bit different, so well presented too and such good value! and it was well tasty! Big thanks to the chef, good job! The 2 girls serving were helpful, warm and relaxed which is great when eating in a nice place as I dislike stuffiness. It was relatively full for a Tue night which is a good sign and nice as created a good atmosphere. My family were all impressed. Phew!
Jules

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Have returned to Rhubarb tonight after at least six months-very dissapointed as used to be a favourite haunt.
Initially surprised by set menu on a Saturday night. Were told meal would be awhile as kitchen wanted to ensure it was cooked properly. Half an wait for starter and another for main.
Waitress was lovely, food mediocre and whole place needs a refurb including toilet-seat broken,dryer not working.
Sorry won't be going back :(

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

There was very little atmosphere except for the music coming from the kitchen. Wine was ok. A little over priced. Food was tasty though and good value on the deal. Had to get them to check the bill as it was incorrect. Friendly service. In honesty I wouldn't go back by choice.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I hadn't been to Rhubarb for a couple of years and had booked for myself and two girlfriends for the fixed price meal last night. After booking i read some of the recent reviews and arrived with trepidation. Happily i can report the staff would helpful,pleasant very attentive without being over the top. There was a decent selection of drinks and the food was absolutely delicious with a very good choice and generous portions. Whilst maybe the decoration is old now compared to some of the more recently opened establishments on Burton Road(lets face it the turn over in restaurants is high here) It was clean and tidy and certainly did not look messy. I would definately go again thanks Rhubard for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I went to Rhubarb and I expected so much more. The place lacks atmosphere and needs to be redecorated; it is shabby. I went to the bathroom and was shocked, no toilet paper, the hand dryer was not working and there were no hand towels to dry my hands. The bathroom was not clean and the owners should be ashamed. I complained to the waitress and her response was not helpful although I did notice at the end of the evening that a big roll of toilet tissue had been placed on the sink. Rhubarb needs to get the basics right; I was really worried about health and safety with this bathroom and it made me wonder what is the kitchen like?
The staff were overall pleasant and one particular staff member was very nice.
I was pleasantly suprised by the food and my starter was excellent.
I would love a comment from the owners as this place could be a real gem.
I would never recommend this place and I will never go back unless there is an overall improvement.