“lovely & great value”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2012

we have eaten here on a number of iccasions and always enjoyed the food - always have something different and food has always been hot, fresh and tasty
staff polite and friendly

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Groupon recently ran an offer for this place, and i have to say i wasnt really looking forward to going as i remember this venue from 20+ years ago and unfortunately it looks like the decor hasnt really had much attention since then.

Looking past that though, the food was excellent. Really good Thai which i think is on a par with the Chilli Banana in Alderley Edge. The cost was much lower though, especially taking into account the fantastic offer we were taking advantage of via groupon.

I would recommend this on the basis of a low key night out when you fancy some fabulous Thai food. Save the special nights for somewhere else.

1  Thank Mark9920
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I know many reviewers had mentioned the shabby appearance, but I guess that is why they are re-locating. We went with a Groupon voucher and were delighted! The god was delicious - great starters and we then both had pad tai. I have eaten any times in Thailand, but this was excellent. When they do move we will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

A favourite now, will always go here whenever in Manchester, I recommend one of the stir fry dishes. Very tasty, reasonably priced, friendly staff, YUM

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We went to this restaurant as my son had a voucher, so along with my partner and both my sons, we had a table booked. Having then read the reviews, I dragged my feet, and with a heavy sense of foreboding, reluctantly arrived at a tired looking entrance. However, once in, we were immediately greeted by a smiling waitress, and cheerfully shown to our table. Glancing around I could see beautifully set out tables in a large 'function' type room, set on various levels. Upon taking our seats I noticed what other reviewers had referred to as "plastic" flowers - these were definitely NOT plastic, but very good silk imitations of orchids. What had been referred to as paper tablecloths were the white covers, laid over exquisite brocade tablecloths, which matched the expensive looking curtains. Definitely a requirement, and absolutely acceptable - surely preferable and far more hygienic than tablecloths which are prone to staining!? Oh, dear, it must be the food then, I imagined - again, a very nice surprise, as each course was delicious, and I recommend the sharing platter, served with three tasty dips. Sometimes when you order satay you get dry chewy bits of chicken with a tasteless sauce - not the case here, moist, juicy pieces of chicken on a skewer, served with a delicious satay peanut sauce. My sons both had a Thai curry - as my eldest had eaten at this establishment several times before, he ordered a dish he'd enjoyed the last time, and thoroughly enjoyed it again this time. Some small grumbles however - my partner and I had ordered the coconut rice, however we could not detect any coconut; the waitress forgot our drinks order, but as soon as we reminded her she apologised immediately, and promptly served us with our drinks, so not too bad. Also we had to ask for napkins, as there were none on the table - again, not exactly the end of the world!! We decided we would eat here again, as I do believe they are making the effort.

1  Thank snowbird29